Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Summer Kitchen Ideas?

Posted by Sam_I_Am (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 22, 05 at 21:51

We are getting ready to build a summer kitchen. I have a large patio so space is not an issue. I envision a long bi-level bar. The top bar will function as "bar" seating. We'll entertain out there and serve drinks. The other side will be our built in grill. I'm not sure which type of grill to get. Is infra red all it's cracked up to be? Would it serve any other use besides a rotisserie? I was looking at the Flame Tech grill. Any comments? Also, I'm thinking I don't want a sink. Will I regret that? I'd love to see some pictures of people's summer kitchens. I haven't even decided on the materials. It will probably be concrete block/stucco. Would I be crazy to get wood cabinets? We live in FL, but not on the water. Thanks for any input!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Summer Kitchen Ideas?

go for it

o

I wouldn't do wood outside in Florida. I'm in Coastal Texas. Stainless Steel Cabinets are the only way to go here.

I think you will use an outdoor sink more than you realize. How many times have you dropped a utensil? or needed to wash up? Cross contamination happens very easily.

o

i,m also wanting to build a outdoor kitchen or grill area
i was thinking about a brick oven also but am not sure of the cost cleanup & maintenance.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here