SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
robnj_2006

money well spent?

robnj_2006
16 years ago

hi. we're in the process of finishing our patio and are in the market for a grill. We are former city dwellers, so this will be our first real (non charcoal) grill. We have looked at a whole range of grills and were thinking of getting the alfresco Lx2 42" grill. However, I've spoken t o people that have spent that amount of money on a grill and don't feel like it's money well spent vs. getting the top of the line weber. For our indoor kitchen, I firmly believe the extra money we spent on the commercial grade appliances was worth it. Steaks, fish, poultry, and breads all cook faster and more evenly than they ever did in our previous ovens and ranges. My real question is, is there a similar difference in performance for a grills between price points? Will steak and chicken be more likely to be juicier on the inside and perfectly seared on the outside if I spend the extra 3K+ on the alfresco over the Weber S650? We are a family of 5 that will probably cook outside, 2-3 days a week during the summer months and maybe 1-2 days a week during the fall and spring. On average we entertain 2-3 times per month but that usually only brings our total headcount up to 12-13 people. Your input is greatly appreciated

Comment (1)

Sponsored