Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what is floor standing wash down toilet?

Posted by YuliaO (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 7, 13 at 23:58

i am looking at this toilet�.
http://www.efaucets.com/detail.asp?Product_ID=2128090092&ca=gpsl&CAWEL AID=330001430000308927&cagpspn=pla
i am not getting it�Is it the whole toilet or i need a bowl(?)?
Where is a button to flush the toilet?

Is it hard to install?

thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what is floor standing wash down toilet?

Some of these type toilets have a tank that is mounted in the wall. Whether that is the situation with this one, I don't know. As for the flush handle or button, it's probably on the far side of this picture where you can't see it. I would think that this is a little trickier to install than a standard design toilet. And, as cool as the design is, you should check out reviews for how well this actually works. There's nothing worse than spending big bucks on a toilet that doesn't actually do the job you want it to.

You might want to talk directly with a retailer of this product to get your questions answered precisely.

Here is a link that might be useful: Duravit

o

It looks like that is the entire toilet. The other Duravit items which had standard water closets on them were shown with the water closets visible. So that makes me think that the image above is an image of the complete washdown toilet assembly.

I looked up washdown toilets, and found some info on another site. I've pasted the url below.

It turns out that a washdown toilet uses a different flushing mechanism than the one we're used to. It is supposed to help conserve water.

Here is a link that might be useful: what is a washdown toilet?

o

Oops, my bad. Turns out Kudzu's right, the water closet IS hidden behind the wall. Installation diagram from the other site is at the url below.

I guess the selling point then is the fact that it conserves water. It will be a pain to install in an existing bathroom because you would have to break into the wall that it goes into. But if your bathroom is in the process of being built (no walls yet), then go for it :)

Here is a link that might be useful: installation diagram for hidden water closet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here