Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toilet/Privacy Wall/etc

Posted by heartspeace (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 13, 12 at 23:10

I have a bathroom with a privacy wall to the right of the toilet so that to the right of the is the door as you walk in.

But part of the privacy wall is near enough and at the height of my right eye... a little too close. Too late now to move the toilet. Too late now too move anything else, except maybe lower the privacy wall. So what are accepted privacy wall heights in a master bathroom situation like this?

There is also now a molding top on top of this wall that wasnt before which added about another inch. So Im thinking do I take down the wall two inches? or what is appropriate here?

For privacy walls for toilets what are correct heights as you walk into a bathroom with the wall on your left, and the bathroom door on the right, the cabinets and mirror ahead of you, and the shower and bathtub on the far left (even left of the toliet)?

HP

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toilet/Privacy Wall/etc

It looks too short actually. Make it taller, not shorter. Take it all the way to the ceiling.

o

mine is located as you come into the door and directly on right. It measures 42inches. We took down the water closet wall to open room. The 42in height matches the height of the pony wall of the shower.

o

I took down a full wall to create a pony wall. The new pony wall is about 3 1/2 feet tall. I like how it opens the room.

I went from this:

From Upstairs Bath

To this:

From Upstairs Bath

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here