Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ktrud_gw

bathroom tile is in!

ktrud
14 years ago

Just wanted to share photos of our tile that's in...got all my ideas on this site (spent many nights lurking!). more to come, but loving our new tile in our tiny bath!

Comments (12)

• sunnyca_gw
    14 years ago

I lurk here occasionally!! Beautiful job!! Love the floor you did such a nice job on it. The tub tile looks nice with the floor also!! Just had to comment!!

• hudsonleigh
    14 years ago

Looks great so far. Good luck with the rest!

• bill_vincent
    14 years ago

Very impressive!

• sweeby
    14 years ago

Very pretty!
    And perfectly in harmony with the room's small size.

• Kitrink
    14 years ago

I love your combination of tiles. Please would you share where you got them and the brand.

Also did you replace the tub? If so, what brand and model is it?

• grammy46
    14 years ago

Love the tiles. Just like mine. What color grout did you use (very subtle)?
    Did you use 1/4" or 1/2" cement board?
    Did you need to cut the tiles? If so how did you cut them? Thanks
    Can't wait until I can lay the tile since the toilet was removed today and will not be put back until the floor and walls are done, so it's a trip upstairs when needed.

• ktrud
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks everyone! The grout color in the shower surround is growing on me...at first I thought I made a mistake with the tan and should have gone with white, but in the long run I know I'll be happier cleaning that! It's from Lowes, and I think it's called Sandstone.

The subway tile is just Home Depot, and the floor tile is from the Tile Shop - it's called Taishan Ivory Niles Weave. Our tub is new - an American Standard, but it's not a standard size - it's only 4.5' wide.

This is a new bathroom - we're remodeling the entire house and we're close to being done! Toilets (exisiting) and pedestal sink (exisiting) went back in this past weekend..can't wait til they can be replaced:) All in time though, right?

grammy46 - I'm not sure what size cement board was used, our tile guy did it...he cut them with his wet saw.

I really am happy with how it turned out, especially since it's such a small space!

• andreadeg
    14 years ago

Hi Ktrud,

Your bathroom is looking really nice!

Where did you find your tub that is 4.5 feet wide? I need tu buy a tub that is 4 feet 10 inches in lengh and I've not found any manufacturer that makes them that length. The American Standard website lists their tubs as starting at 5 feet in length (unless I'm missing something). Thanks!

• firstmmo
    14 years ago

Love this woven tile...saw it once in a hotel and tried so hard to integrate into my home but couldn't figure out where it would work just right. You did a GREAT job!

• ktrud
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Andreadeg - American Standard Mackenzie tub - I ordered mine through Lowes, but just did a google search and Walmart actually came up first as carrying it! It was pretty cheap too - between $300-$400!

Good luck!

• andreadeg
    14 years ago

Thank you ktrud. I'll definitely check out the Mackenzie tub from AS. Can't wait to see more pictures of your bathroom as it progresses!

• abbycat9990
    14 years ago

I love this look! We have a similarly small bath and a 4.5 ft tub issue. As I agonize over demo the wall tile v. live with the tile, I take heart from seeing the beautiful outcomes that are possible.