Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Looking for pics with Carrara and subway tile combination

Posted by sojay (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 14, 12 at 22:40

Have you combined white porcelain subway tiles on the walls and Carrara black/white mosaic floor tiles?

I'm contemplating a Carrara basketweave floor (was planning a porcelain basketweave but found Carrara surprisingly only slightly more expensive), standard white porcelain subway tile (no Carrara on the walls), black trim, and I'm in need of inspiration, or rather, visual confirmation about mixing porcelain subway with marble mosaic floors.

Walls will be painted the following: from above the sink to the ceiling: a deep red, at sink height there's a substantial foot-wide wooden chair rail trim painted white, and between the chair rail and the baseboard, a foot and a half wide section that will be painted BLACK. It's a small powder room with a bathtub and no natural light. 8'x6'.

I'm going for a crisp urban contemporary look. Cavern, sexy, dramatic are more words that come to mind. It is echoing a contemporary black/white/red kitchen, while the rest of the house has a more earthy feel.

Any thoughts?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Looking for pics with Carrara and subway tile combination

Hi,
I did just that.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

But it's patented ;)
Casey

o

Sheesh, Casey - that is stunning! Do you have a master post with more pix and descriptions?

Soapy, your idea sounds great too. If you go to houzz and search subway basketweave, you will see some beautiful examples.

o

Link to original "reveal" in Gallery section.
There you can find photobucket link, and a link to tile vendor (The Tile Shop).
Casey

Here is a link that might be useful: 2008 post

o

Casey, your bathroom is incredibly well-designed. So beautiful.

o

Wow! Beautiful! Thanks for the inspiration. I'm tackling mine within the next two weeks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here