Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can I retrofit a shower pipe bar into a slide bar?

Posted by onelady1dog2girls (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 20, 11 at 22:02

Hello, all. I found a great Hansgrohe shower pipe hand shower system for a great price. However, the hand shower is static. The shower pipe looks like I could some how change the set up to allow the hand shower to be movable up and down. Is this possible? What are the benefits of a shower pipe set up vs. a non shower pipe set up? Any insights welcome!

Here is a link that might be useful: Shower pipe set up found here

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can I retrofit a shower pipe bar into a slide bar?

It is possible for you to do a retrofit, but the ease of it might depend on a properly configured slide bracket being available.

Obviously the bracket would have to be sized to fit the vertical tube. If the bracket is a 2-piece "clamp-on" type of thing, then that's easy. If it's not and you'd have to unthread the shower head off the vertical to install the slider over the vertical tube, then reassemble. That might make it difficult.

Another consideration would be if there is enough clearance between the vertical tube and the shower wall for the sliding bracket to fit and be functional.

So, no promises.

Another option that will definitely work would be to abandon the idea of the infinitely adjustable slide and to just buy another fixed wall mount bracket to hang the handheld from. You could have one bracket mounted low and the other higher. Two locations. Less flexibility, but much easier.

The bracket part number appears to be 96532xx0, with the "xx" being the finish. Chrome is usually "00", brushed nickel "82". So your number should be 96532820. The brackets in chrome are usually $15-$30, nickel could be that or doubled.

Hansgrohe tidbits can be difficult to source, especially if the price has been lowered due to it being discontinued. You can look beyond your specific product model though, as another type of hansgrohe bracket might hold your handheld head just fine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here