Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vinnynyc

How can I add a tub spout to a Delta 17T Vero Hand Shower System

VinnyNYC
9 years ago

Hello all forum members. I am in the process of remodeling my bathroom. Very interested in purchasing a Delta DSS-Vero-17T01 TempAssure 17T Series Thermostatic Shower System with Integrated Volume Control, Shower Head, and Hand Shower - Includes Rough-In Valves.

My question is, can I add a tub spout in addition to the shower head and hand shower to this system and if so please advise.

Thanks

Here is a link that might be useful: TempAssure 17T Series Thermostatic Shower System with Integrated Volume Control, Shower Head, and Hand Shower - Includes Rough-In Valves.

Comment (1)

• MongoCT
    9 years ago

I'd confirm the following with Delta tech support. It's an easy call and that's what they are there for. Do not be shy about calling.

With some valves, you can plumb a valve outlet port to a tub spout with a "pull up" diverter on the tub spout. With the tub spout diverter pushed down water will flow out of the tub spout. Pull up the tub spout diverter and water flow up and out of the shower head.

I don't know if you can do that with the T11853 valve that is in your package. Some valves have temperature control issues when they are plumbed in non-standard ways. It shouldn't be an issue, but it's worth a call to tech support.

If you can plumb the valve that way, use one outlet port for the tub spout and the wall head. Use the other port for the handheld.

In addition to the package you linked to, you'd have to get a tub spout with a built-in diverter.

If you can't do that, ask tech support if you can do this:

You should be able to swap out the T11853 valve that is in your package for the T11953 valve.

The T11953 is a 3-port diverter. You should be able to use the three outlet ports to individually plumb the handheld, the wall head, and the tub spout.

The T11953 and the T11853 valves might have the same trim kit, or the trims might be different. Make sure you get the trim kit for the valve that you order.

Then add a tub spout without a built-in diverter to your order. I don't know if that Vero style has a tub spout without a built-in diverter, but you can use anyone's tub spout that looks good to you.

Pretty much anyone's chrome will match any other manufacturer's chrome. But be careful if you're trying to match some of the other signature-type finishes.

One other issue that may or may not be a factor, but when you get tech support on the line it's worth asking. Some valves that have purpose-designed ports to fill tubs allow a higher GPM flow through that port so it doesn't take all day to fill your tub.

Ports designed to flow to shower heads may have a lower-rated flow-through since shower heads have GPM restrictions; 2.5GPM, 1.6GPM, etc.

Ask if there are any flow restrictions on that valve.

I hope all that makes sense.

Good luck!