Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kohler Saile vs Toto Aquia Toilet

Posted by Phainopepla (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 19, 12 at 21:47

Does anyone have experience with the Kohler Saile Toilet. I chose it based solely on its looks, but my contractor is trying to persuade me to choose the Toto Aquia instead. Is the Kohler Saile as bad as my contractor says (clogs, skid marks etc)?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kohler Saile vs Toto Aquia Toilet

I don't know anything about the Saile but I am disappointed in my recently installed Aquia. As others on GW warned, it requires frequent cleaning due to 'skid marks'. I like the compact size and modern, skirted appearance but if I were doing it again I'd try the Vespin. (My understanding is the Vespin is a skirted version of the Drake which apparently does not suffer from this issue that plagues the Aquia.)

Wish I'd listened to the GW wisdom!

o

We were advised to avoid the Aquia because it has a small water spot which makes it more difficult to keep clean. We are in the process of remodeling 3 bathrooms. Two will have the Toto Drake II which has a "dual cyclone" flush system (hope it is as good as it looks in the promotional video). We will get the skirted version (Toto Vespin II) for the third bathroom.

o

I am a big fan of Toto products, but I was not happy with the Aquia we had installed for a few months. I didn't like the small water spot, and I had trouble knowing when the flush activator button had reached the right point. I swapped it out for an Inax Cedar, which is single flush but only 1.28 gallons. Love it!

There are many great Toto models; I had a Drake before and never had any issues with it.

o

kmcg: "I am a big fan of Toto products, but I was not happy with the Aquia we had installed for a few months. I didn't like the small water spot, and I had trouble knowing when the flush activator button had reached the right point. I swapped it out for an Inax Cedar, which is single flush but only 1.28 gallons. Love it!"

Inax makes a dual-flush version of the Cedar, I am pretty sure. The Inax "Rio Grande" is a dual flush, but I am not familiar with the styling of the Cedar; is it similar to the Rio Grande?

o

The Cedar has a more oval tank but otherwise looks pretty similar. Here's a link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Inax Cedar

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here