Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
phainopepla

Kohler Saile vs Toto Aquia Toilet

Phainopepla
11 years ago

Does anyone have experience with the Kohler Saile Toilet. I chose it based solely on its looks, but my contractor is trying to persuade me to choose the Toto Aquia instead. Is the Kohler Saile as bad as my contractor says (clogs, skid marks etc)?

Comments (7)

• jw34
    11 years ago

I don't know anything about the Saile but I am disappointed in my recently installed Aquia. As others on GW warned, it requires frequent cleaning due to 'skid marks'. I like the compact size and modern, skirted appearance but if I were doing it again I'd try the Vespin. (My understanding is the Vespin is a skirted version of the Drake which apparently does not suffer from this issue that plagues the Aquia.)

Wish I'd listened to the GW wisdom!

• dibgar
    11 years ago

We were advised to avoid the Aquia because it has a small water spot which makes it more difficult to keep clean. We are in the process of remodeling 3 bathrooms. Two will have the Toto Drake II which has a "dual cyclone" flush system (hope it is as good as it looks in the promotional video). We will get the skirted version (Toto Vespin II) for the third bathroom.

• kmcg
    11 years ago

I am a big fan of Toto products, but I was not happy with the Aquia we had installed for a few months. I didn't like the small water spot, and I had trouble knowing when the flush activator button had reached the right point. I swapped it out for an Inax Cedar, which is single flush but only 1.28 gallons. Love it!

There are many great Toto models; I had a Drake before and never had any issues with it.

• herring_maven
    11 years ago

kmcg: "I am a big fan of Toto products, but I was not happy with the Aquia we had installed for a few months. I didn't like the small water spot, and I had trouble knowing when the flush activator button had reached the right point. I swapped it out for an Inax Cedar, which is single flush but only 1.28 gallons. Love it!"

Inax makes a dual-flush version of the Cedar, I am pretty sure. The Inax "Rio Grande" is a dual flush, but I am not familiar with the styling of the Cedar; is it similar to the Rio Grande?

• kmcg
    11 years ago

The Cedar has a more oval tank but otherwise looks pretty similar. Here's a link:

Here is a link that might be useful: Inax Cedar

• aneglia
    5 years ago

I have recently installed both the Kohler Saile and Toto Aquia in two of our washrooms. I have to say the Saile wins out. It's better looking than the Aquia, but more importantly, it flushes cleanly. I have to brush the bowl of the Aquia after every use. It has never flushed cleanly. Flushing twice (which negates the environmental reasons for getting this in the first place) doesn't work.

• juliacali
    4 years ago

@aneglia Are you still happy with your Kohler Saile? I like Toto but I"m concerned about all the reviews I've been reading.