Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me decide on shower and floor tile ... 3 choices

Posted by rufinorox (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 28, 11 at 21:44

I'm hoping you can help me decide among these 3 very different options. I like them all, but not sure which to choose from. Keep in mind the bath is only a 5x8. Here are some pictures (hopefully in the order I've mentioned) starting with our current bath. All the fixtures will be brushed nickel.

Photobucket

First Choice of - shower tile 4x12 floor tile 13x13 and glas tile as an accent along with (what i think) is the color of the vanity.

Photobucket

The vanity with different mirror

Photobucket

Photobucket

Option 2 - shower tile

Photobucket

floor ....

Photobucket

Option 3 - basket weave and porcelain shower tile 12x24

Photobucket

Here are 2 tile layouts I like.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I appreciate any feedback. This project has me going insane.

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me decide on shower and floor tile ... 3 choices

Are you tiling the shower floor or will you be using a shower pan?

o

We are keeping the tub. The basket weave will be for main floor.

o

#1..like the 9x12's and the mosaic, but, not with that floor. You could put the floor on the walls and pick another floor. #2 like wall tile alot, but, not with that color floor tile. I would pick something with more contrast and a larger tile. #3 like wall tile..don't like it with that basket weave. Love both of the tile layouts.

Your taste seems to lean towards the modern/contemporary look.

o

I vote for # 1. Let us know what you decide.....and of course, pictures afterwards! :-)

o

Thank you! As you can see I'm torn between all of the above. I have time so I will keep looking. Kiagarden I will be sure to post when completed.

o

I also vote for tile combination #1 & I like the 1st tile layout example as well (referring to the dark grey tile in that photo). I think it will be beautiful when all is said & done. Absolutely love that vanity!!! If I'm not mistaken, we had a discussion on the Kohler Wellworth toilet in the new design. It would go beautifully with that vanity & tile. Can't wait to see the finished photos!!!

o

mydreamhome - yes we did discuss this toilet brand, unfortunatley I had to go with American Standard since we went with a soaker tub by AS. The salesperson recommended the same so the whites would match. So I went with this AS toilet. I'm hoping it will all come together with the vanity. I do love it!

Photobucket

o

Other than the base, it's rather similar. I think it will go marvelously! Plu syou get the benefit of a skirted toilet--easy cleaning!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here