Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would these grout lines bother you?

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 21:33

Tile guy has been doing great so far and said he only does 1/16" grout lines, but our master shower has many lines, the majority actually, are 1/4" and it doesn't look good at all. I know nothing can be done now, but I'm disappointed and wondering if this would bother all of you.

Uploaded with Snapbucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would these grout lines bother you?

Don't know,too close up to judge the size. Can you back up and take a picture of the shower so we can see the scale? Thanks

o

I'm guessing you're referring to the vertical grout lines being a different width than the horizontal ones? From the pic above, no I don't think it would, but a picture from a little further away + a shot that includes more of the tile to give us a judge of the scale would be very helpful. As such, I will refrain from giving my final answer until then.

o

Are the tiles beveled, or straight edge? My tile guy basically had the tiles close enough just to not be touching each other, but the grout lines are still 1/16" because of the bevel. If he had spaced them 1/16" before hand, the lines would have been huge because of the bevel. I think it may just look big to you, but it's not.

Photobucket

My backsplash tiles were straight edge, and spaced 1/16". The grout lines are the same really.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Look at HCloudy's recent post about their grout troubles. Now there is an example of a bad grout job.

Yours looks just fine, and you are lucky you don't have a job that looks like theirs.

o

Your lines are straight and even, which is better than what I ended up with in the shower corners! So yep, I think I would be fine with what you've got.

o

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that picture. What do you see as the problem? Are some of them slightly different widths?

o

They don't look as big as 1/4" from here. They do look clean and neat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here