Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote for tiling new shower: Is this high?

Posted by ElectraToo (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 3, 12 at 21:23

So it's almost Christmas and trying to get anyone to come out and give me quotes on my new construction project is proving pretty challenging. I've only got one quote thus far for my shower and it's higher than I was anticipating. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if it's in the ballpark and/or would be willing to share what your shower cost. Here are the particulars:

Shower is roughly 4x6
12x12 tile on all three walls (tiling up about 8 ft)
2x2 mosaic tile on the floor which is zero entry
One niche for shampoo and such
Tiled bench (4" long, 12" deep, 18" high)

The quote I received is for $2800. This is labor only; I would provide the tile. This guy is known for his showers so I have faith in his skill but am not sure about the price. His price for my kitchen backsplash and tiling around the fireplace seem pretty reasonable so maybe I'm just underestimating what's involved in tiling a shower?

Any guidance is appreciated -- thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote for tiling new shower: Is this high?

we too are looking at tiling a new shower. I can tell you there is allot to it if you want it done right. making the thing leak proof is most important, especially since grout is not waterproof. I think for someone to do this right your probably in the right ball park. I have someone coming to look at ours tomorrow, so I can compare the price then. the showers are about the same size, and we too live in a very rural area.

o
RE: Quote for tiling new shower: Is this high?

That sounds like a very good price. Is this just for the tiling? I suspect so. Don't forget to add on the cost for pouring the shower pan and waterproofing the walls. What are you doing on the ceiling?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here