Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lauralena_gw

Mirror advice for tiny bathroom

Lauralena
10 years ago

I'm redoing this bathroom with white wavy subway tile about 48" high with a chair rail. Tiny sink (15") shown in photo will be replaced with a 16 1/2"��"wide pedestal sink. IMMEDIATELY to the left of sink (not pictured) is shower stall (will be tiled entirely).

The reason I didn't go with a wider pedestal or a vanity is because the edge of the toilet seat (not shown, as it's below the range of the photo) is immediately to the right of the sink, facing toward it, only a few inches away. Legroom is tight.

Two questions:

1. I want to get an ornate mirror. Should it be 16 1/2" to 18" wide, centered over the pedestal sink? If yes, should it be, say, 24" high or 36" high? Chair rail will be 48" high. Ceiling is 8 feet high. OR should I get a mirror big enough to fill the entire space (@30" from shower stall to wall indentation on the right)? I would really like an ornate frame; not sure how that would look.
2. Can anyone suggest lighting for the pedestal sink (16 1/2" wide) I'll be getting? There is no room for side sconces, and I'd rather not have the look/cost of light fixtures built into the glass of whatever mirror I get. If I go with the smaller (16 1/2" to 18" wide) ornate mirror, maybe a small pendant light from the ceiling directly in front of the mirror (less than two feet from the ceiling) might work? I will have a high hat in the ceiling. Shower stall will have one, too.

Thank you!

This post was edited by Lauralena on Fri, Dec 27, 13 at 20:38

Comments (4)