Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
How to design a shower?

Posted by YuliaO (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 27, 13 at 19:27

Our shower will be about 72in by 36 in� Is there some standard design layouts or something? we want to have ceiling shower head, handheld shower and body sprays�How do i make sure they all are in a good locations, work fine together and are convenient to use?

Thank you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: How to design a shower?

Body sprays are not as popular as they once were. Folks have tried the ceiling rain showers and they are not that popular either because the water hits you directly on top of the head. But if that is what you want, then that is what you want. The body sprays are going to require a large hot water heater or on demand heater and a strong water volume to the house because a lot of them require 3/4 inch plumbing.

What appears to be most popular now is a shower head and a separate handheld. The handheld can be operated by a diverter in the wall or on the shower arm if that is where it is installed. Some people prefer to use a vertical slider bar or a single hanger on the wall. Shower heads are installed much higher now at least 7 feet. Two shower heads in a large shower is still popular. But everything is very personal and custom now. I suggest you go to www.houzz.com and browse their bathroom photos for ideas.

A designer at a good plumbing supply store can help you design and choose fixtures. But it would be good for you to search through houzz first to get a basic idea of what you want so you have a starting point. But make sure you have enough hot water if you do a big setup.

Here is a link that might be useful: Delta shower designer

This post was edited by Anna_in_TX on Fri, Dec 27, 13 at 22:13

o
RE: How to design a shower?

Where to position the body sprays and the handheld shower is up to you . You or the person using this shower will have to stand in the shower area and see where you want the water to hit you and place these heads accordingly . This is what I have done in my shower , I have a fixed shower head coming from the side wall , a handheld shower head on a bar and two body sprays .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here