Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to choose tub drain (don't want the one "recommended")

Posted by kirkhall (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 25, 12 at 19:08

I have decided on a Kohler Expanse tub for my girls' bathroom... But, I don't like the Kohler drains that are "recommended" by one website to be purchased for this tub (girls have long hair--I want a tub with a screen on the top to help "catch" hair).

So, looking through other GW posts, this one came up (see link)

How do I know if it will work? My plumber uses ABS. Do you have another recommendation for "BEST TUB DRAIN"?

Here is a link that might be useful: Gerber waste GW recommended in another post

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to choose tub drain (don't want the one "recommended")

Just was about to call it a night when I checked bath room forum and saw your post.

Just a heads up, look closely at that Gerber drain design (you might want to go to the Gerber site and find a blow up of it). I newly have that drain and as water cannot run up hill, the water sits at and around the drain requiring you to manually scoop it into the drain holes (hard to do) or wipe it down with paper towel (wasteful). I did not order nor was I asked about this Gerber drain style (was not home when put in) and to replace it with their pop up drain, you need Gerber's special drain removal tool (which most plumbers do not carry on their truck I have found out). This also presents difficulty with potential tub rings if you have hard water. I am pretty fastidious about wiping the accumulated water next to that Gerber drain out daily unfortunately!

Hope this helps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here