Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gam51

Guest Bath Finished (pics)

gam51
11 years ago

Well after 25 years of living with a peach tub, I finally convinced DH to let me get it reglazed. It had to stay since he thought a cast iron tub was way too heavy to take out, and my daughter thinks it is the world's best tub for soaking since it is extra long. The toilet and sink had been replaced long ago so now everything is white. The update included a flea market dresser that DH reinforced since it wasn't near strong enough to hold the marble top I got at a scrap yard. He also reworked the drawers so they now slide nicely. I had the old mirrors cut down a bit and then glued on mosaic tile (Lunar Melange) and grouted. I used the same tile for back splash and and back of shelves on the toilet. The towel rack was made by taking parts of the hutch that came with the dresser. The floor is a porcelain marble look alike. As usual I forgot to take before pics but the oak vanity, peach formica counter and carpeted floor are gone! Just in time, too, as my company arrives today. It's not a major $ remodel but it works. If you think anything looks familiar to something you did, I probably "stole" your idea....thanks to everyone for posting. Love Garden Web (just wish I could remember each time how to post pics).

Comments (17)

• joshuasamah
    11 years ago

What a beautiful bathroom! You did a terrific job and I love the gray and yellow.

• kmcg
    11 years ago

There are so many clever ideas in your new bath! I love the way you used the mosaic tile to tie everything together, and the flea market dresser is really successful. Is that Thomas Paul fabric in the shower curtain? It's one of my favorite patterns, and really finishes the whole look very nicely. Great job!

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Lovely! It has a nice finished, coordinated look. Doesn't matter how much you spent, or didn't spend, it looks great! Hope you and your guests enjoy it!

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

Looks great!!!

• treasuretheday
    11 years ago

What a charming room! Repeating the mosaic really ties it all together. I love the hooks on the yellow shelf. Enjoy!

• jules8
    11 years ago

I love your bath. Can you answer a few questions?
    What did you use as your vanity top?
    What is the name of the floor tile?
    Did you tile around the tub also and if so, can you give us a photo of it?

Thanks for all the photos...I may "steal" a few of your ideas.

• razamatazzy
    11 years ago

Very pretty. I like the shape of the vanity top. And the crystal knobs go so well. Looks like you have a nice size linen cabinet in there as well?

• sofla
    11 years ago

I, too, have just gutted my master br of the peach cultured marble vanities on pickled oak and the large soaker tub. Loved the tub but not the peach. When I'm finish will post pics. I love how big and clean your bath looks. The mosaics are gorgeous.

• westleyandbuttercup
    11 years ago

Wonderful job!

• edie3
    11 years ago

beautiful! Love the colors!

• gmp3
    11 years ago

Wow - I love the repurposed items. You did a great job!

• Pipdog
    11 years ago

Great mix of modern, rustic and charming. Well done!

• Debbi Branka
    11 years ago

Gorgeous! I love the dresser you converted! And then how you made the shelf and it all goes together. The tile tying everything in is beautiful! I wish I could see an arial shot to get the size and layout of the bathroom. Fabulous work!

• michoumonster
    11 years ago

that is lovely! i love grey and yellow together.

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    11 years ago

Love it, especially with the repurposed vanity and gorgeous top! Funny, I'm renovating my bath right now and have a gray and yellow color scheme but with a different feel. So cool to see how all these colors can be used together. I'd love to know what you selected for the wall paint color.

• gam51
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone for the nice comments.
    KMCG yes it is a Paul Thomas fabric. Good eye.
    JULES8 The vanity top is carrera marble I found the scrap at a granite dealer. The floor is Navelli Star by Dal Tile. It is a porcelain that mimics carrera. We didn't tile the tub. It had a tub surround that DH thought looked good still so I gave in on that one!

The room is an odd shape and the vanity sits at the angle of 2 walls creating the different shape of the countertop. I actually like how it gives more counter space.

Thanks again for the comments. The room just survived the first set of guests and it all worked great!

• gam51
    Original Author
    11 years ago

mabeldingeldine: The paint color is Barren Plain by Benjamin Moore.