Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lhartnett

Kohler Persuade toilet

L H
11 years ago

Does anyone have any experience with this toilet. I'd like a compact, skirted dual flush toilet. I have a small bathroom and therefore am looking for something with a small footprint but still an elongated seat. I like the Toto Aqui II but have concerns over what I've read here with the small water spot and sometimes leaving "skid marks" to be polite. So the next option is the Kohler Persuade. Some online reviews say it's hard to install. Any opinions on these toilets or other good, reasonably priced skirted/concealed trap toilets?

Comments (9)

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

If you do some reading over at Terry Love or in the plumbing forum here you'll see that plumbers hate these with a passion, partly because it's a difficult install (many of the new fully skirted toilets use a similarly awkward system), but mostly because it uses proprietary parts inside. No running out to HD for a new fillmaster when something goes wrong--it will be a special order from Kohler.

It's too bad because it's a very nice looking toilet.

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

You might want to look at the newest fully-skirted American Standard models. They aren't as sleek looking as the persuade, but they do use standard parts inside. They have the same annoying put-the-bolts-in-first installation, though.

• herring_maven
    11 years ago

gemini16: "I'd like a compact, skirted dual flush toilet."

Look no further:

Here is a link that might be useful: (uses off-the-shelf internal parts)

• L H
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks very much for the replies. The Inax looks like a contender although it's not the prettiest toilet based on the picture. I'm knocking Persuade off the list - no need to make life harder for myself when there are other options.

The American Standard Studio is also an option. Any feedback on their flushing performance?

• motherof3sons
    11 years ago

We have the Kohler Persuade in a guest bath. It was selected based on size. So far it performs with no problems. Guests certainly are intrigued with the dual flush and styling.

• L H
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Mohterof3sons. I think I'm going to make life harder for myself and go for the persuade. I just emailed my plumber to see if he's willing to install. I'm reading that lots of plumbers hate installing this but it's such a great size for a small bathroom, good looking and a good name that I guess I'll pony up whatever it'll cost to install it. I'll post an update to this forum once it's in and working since it's relatively difficult to get info on this one. Thanks everyone!

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    11 years ago

We very recently installed an American Standard Clean Cadet skirted toilet from Lowes, the elongated version. So far, it has been terrific. The install was not difficult, and if you need some help AS has a video you can watch. It flushes cleanly with no residue. I wanted a skirted toilet and one that had a smaller footprint in our tiny bathroom -- this fit the bill.

We installed it ourselves and the most difficult part was dropping the included nut installers for attaching the tank to the bowl. Otherwise, no problems, no leaks, and the bowl stays clean longer than the Kohler upstairs. AND it was inexpensive! I've included a photo that shows part it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Clean Cadet

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    11 years ago

Yikes! I apologize for the huge size of that photo! It did not appear so large in the preview!

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

> It did not appear so large in the preview!

It's not you, it's the software here. If a photo is below a certain size, it blows it up and makes it blurry instead of displaying the actual size.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County