Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with Master Bath Layout

Posted by mommytoty (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 19, 13 at 18:23

We are building a new home and the master bathroom will be 16' x 8'. As you can see in the pic below, I have a free-standing tub and a 6'6" double vanity. We are in the rough plumbing stage and I got a call today that we can't put the toilet where I have it because it is directly above some trunk line (we have a finished basement below). So, I have to swap the shower and toilet and I can't come up with a layout that I love. I will post a pic of the best layout I could come up with next.

I am hoping one of you will have a better idea!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with Master Bath Layout

Here is my new layout. It is ok, but I am concerned about how all the angles will look in real life. I would prefer a private toilet room, but I am not sure you can add a door here. I should mention that the doors into the bathroom are double pocket doors.

Thanks for any input!!

o
RE: Help with Master Bath Layout

I think your arrangement would work, but if you separate the vanities, you could get a pocket door on the toilet area. I'm not sure how much wall space is available where the second vanity and shower would be located. If you have enough wall space or decrease the size of the second vanity, you could enlarge the shower from 3 feet wide to 42" or 4 feet by 5 feet. The red lines and numbers indicate a larger shower area and larger toilet area. To keep the shower from feeling boxed in, you could do a pony wall next to the second vanity and maybe do less deep vanities (18 to 21 in deep).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here