Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
m_n_a

Is that odd: using single hole faucet with 3-hole vanity top?

M_N_A
10 years ago

For look and cost reasons, I have picked out the martha steward vanity combo

it has 3-hole predrill but I always like single hole faucet. I am thinking of either getting something to plug the other holes, or to get soap and cream dispensers. would that look odd? anyone has seen that before?

Comments (17)

• sloyder
    10 years ago

should be able to get a cover deck plate, they make them for the kitchen.

• ppbenn
    10 years ago

I've put the single hole faucet to the far right. Plug in the center. Soap dispenser to match faucet on the left.
    Works great. Now I have a soap dish for may facial soap bar over the center plug which is flat. This works for an 8 inch spread, obviously too cramped for a smaller spread.

• M_N_A
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@sloyd, cover deck plate doesn't look good usually but let me see if there are better looking ones. thanks

@ppbenn, do you have a picture of yours bathroom or can you tell me the faucet, soap dispenser and soap dish? I haven't thought of putting it off center but that might work better!

• MongoCT
    10 years ago

Dispensers are a common add-on. No worries about it looking odd if you go that route.

Alternative ideas that I've seen:

A bud vase dropped down into one of the holes to hold a cut flower or two.

Something like a bud vase that was used as a toothbrush holder.

• MrsShayne
    10 years ago

Omg! I just saw that vanity at HD yesterday - I love it!!! And want it for my small powder room. I ended up finding a faucet at HD, Martha brand for $30 bucks, org. Cost was $118... Check around. There are good bargains out there.. With this vanity being a "widespread" faucet area (lingo is probably off), I don't know if a single faucet would work, I mean it would if you find a piece long enough to cover the other holes.

• enduring
    10 years ago

I like the idea to put dispenser in the open spots. Would it look too busy to have a lotion dispenser on one side and a soap dispenser on the other? Probably it might.

This post was edited by enduring on Fri, Dec 27, 13 at 18:14

• sloyder
    10 years ago

you can also get colored faucet hole covers. I would look for a 3 hole faucet design you like

• M_N_A
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@enduring, that's what I was thinking originally. i will check out other options too

• mdln
    10 years ago

Think soap & lotion dispensers flanking the faucet would look better than plugging the holes.

However, being in the same situation, I decided to just use an 8" widespread faucet (even though I really wanted a single hole faucet).

• bhshaman
    9 years ago

"Alternative ideas that I've seen:
    - A bud vase dropped down into one of the holes to hold a cut flower or two.
    - Something like a bud vase that was used as a toothbrush holder. "

Any links or pictures to this type of solution.
    I've been doing key word searches online hoping to find a tube I can drop right in the sink/faucet hole but no one seems to make an actual accessory.

• DreamingoftheUP
    9 years ago

I cannot understand putting in a new vanity and top and doing that. To me, it would look like "Oh-oh, ordered the wrong top, am stuck with it, and now have to plug/cover up the holes somehow." To each his own.

This post was edited by DreamingoftheUP on Fri, Apr 11, 14 at 11:12

• jrueter
    9 years ago

I think you have gotten some good suggestions, and if you will actually use the lotion and soap in the dispensers that is a fine solution. (although if this is for a guest bath or powder, will guests know which is soap if you go that route?)

I just worry that you like the single hole faucet because you like that uncluttered look and adding extra things in will make it look just as cluttered as two handles would and you won't be happy with the outcome. If that is the case, white plug covers to match the sink would look best, imho. Or ppbenn's suggestion as a nice compromise.

You can take all this with a grain of salt, as personally I am a fan of the widespreads, and I would probably get the widespread to fit the 3-hole. ;-)

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    9 years ago

I would have to agree that the escutcheon looks pretty bad and I also don't see how a faucet, lotion dispenser and soap dispenser make for less visual clutter than a widespread faucet. I'd either do the intended faucet style or find a different vanity if it bothered me that much.

• Bunny
    9 years ago

I'm with Dreaming and writersblock. Whatever clean look you're going for with the single hole will be undone by the fix.

I considered either a single hole or a widespread. The faucet I liked best in my budget got the nod. It turned out to be the wide spread.

• jensensresort
    5 years ago

I ordered expensive single hole faucet to match master through out before I had vanity - not realizing how hard to find single hole vanity top. Most affordable to buy vanity with top yet have faucet so need to fill holes. Carrera Marble top comes with 3 widespread holes cut. Can marble plugs be fabricated?

• pattyl11
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

Some single hole faucets come with an optional escutcheon (Cover) which spans the three holes. On websites it may not show that a faucet comes with one, but when you look into the specs for the faucet, it will say if it does or not. Delta has a few single faucets with an escutcheon.

https://www.deltafaucet.com/bathroom/sink?searchFilter=true