Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need help measuring shower

Posted by snakedoc (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 3, 12 at 16:27

My tempered glass shower door exploded recently which left me speaking with the company to get a replacement. Problem is the contact doesn't speak English well and I can't seem to get him the measurements he needs (the model I have is discontinued).

He now says that I need to give him the "3 exterior front dimension". I already told him the base is a 40x40. Can someone help me here?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need help measuring shower

What type of shower door is it (bipass, hinged, etc)? By three dimensions he is asking for width, height and thickness I would assume and depending on what type of unit it is any hardware preps need to be provided as well as and and all prep work MUST be done before tempering. I would look into having a local glass company price the replacement as well and they should be able to send someone to the house to measure as well (nominal charge if they are not going to install the panel).

o

http://www.maax.com/en/utilitypages/productdetail.aspx?productID=(39112B5F-3E79-4A47-B48E-4C0E938C6AEC)

That is the link to the door I will be getting. I am going with them because they are replacing it for free. I just need to make sure I get them the proper specs.

o

Link does not work.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here