Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
numbersjunkie

Panasonic LED Light/Fan

numbersjunkie
9 years ago

I spotted this when searching for shower lights and exhaust fans. I was planning on an LED light in the shower, but this seems like a great idea to help keep steam from fogging the mirrors - and to avoid the need for another ugly vent grate in the ceiling.

Wondering if anyone has any experience with this model?

Here is a link that might be useful: Panasonic LED/Vent Fan

Comments (12)

• lee676
    9 years ago

I just bought one of the quieter Broan or Nutone vent/fans that's designed for standard incandescent bulbs, then put in a good LED retrofit bulb like the Cree TW Series (sold at HD) or Feit Enhance (also sold at Costco under the ConservEnergy brand - look for "shows colors true and natural" on the packaging) in the 60w replacement size. Both of these can be used in fully enclosed fixtures (unlike many LED bulbs) and give off light that looks like it came from a classic incandescent light bulb and renders colors well. But they use only 9 to 12 watts and last just about forever. And if LED technology improves or you want a different color temperature or brightness, you can change the light bulb. The fan and light bulb will probably cost less than the LED fan alone.

• jterrilynn
    9 years ago

Is this the same one? If so I love this fan. Disclaimer though because my bath is not completely in full operation for proper testing. What I like so far is how quiet it is how the light is just right and I especially love the night light. Usually we have a night light in a vanity plug but this is so much better. The other thing I like is the sensor. It did cost a tic more for install for the 3/way but was worth it. The cheapest price I found was on the site below for $245.95. It came fast and they were great people to deal with. Since this bath was gutted including the studs due to PO tiling over a piece of scrap wood placed over a slider door for a shower area and no vent and thus rioting out the room â¦I probably have way more than I need for this smallish master bath but it makes me feel better.

Edited to add: we have ours set at the max 130 cfm level.

Here is a link that might be useful: panasonic-bathroomfanexperts

This post was edited by jterrilynn on Fri, Dec 19, 14 at 22:30

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Very glad to see this! I have to have one installed. Everything I've been told is to go with a Panasonic for bathroom exhaust fans.

• lee676
    9 years ago

I used this Broan QTR080L. About $145, plus $10 for the LED bulb. Reasonably quiet and pulls 80CFM. No problems after 2 years. Other sytles available if you don't like this one.

{{gwi:2133723}}

• numbersjunkie
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The fan I posted about looks like a recessed light, not like a fan. Which is why I like it so much. One of my concerns is the color of the LED light - I want a warm white. I don't think you can use any bulb in these lights, but I could be wrong. It is rated for a wet space, so I plan to use it inside the shower. I was planning on an LED recessed light there anyway, with an exhaust fan just outside of the shower. But I hate the way the exhaust fans look. I used a Halo recessed LED light in another shower and love it, but it has no fan.

• jterrilynn
    9 years ago

I hate how exhaust fans look as well. My MB bathroom is long and somewhat narrow and I did not want something sticking out in the middle of the visual flow. We have been using the guest bath since our remodel where we put an exhaust fan in the ceiling above the shower; it works so well for quickly removing the fog we did the same in the master shower. The one I posted above is not as streamline as I had hoped but it is not bad. I really like the light because it does not change the color of the walls. My walls are a nice soft custom cream. Another light I have in the same area turns my soft walls yellow and I hate it. I will be searching for different bulbs for that one.

• Gracie
    9 years ago

I am trying to see these in person but haven't found a local dealer.

This post was edited by may_flowers on Sat, Dec 20, 14 at 10:03

• suzanne_sl
    9 years ago

We installed this fan (Panasonic FV-08VKSE3 Ventilation Fan/Light Combination by Panasonic) about 6 months ago
    {{gwi:2133724}}

It's so quiet I have to turn on the nightlight if I leave the room to remind me it's still on. This is what it looks like installed.
    {{gwi:2133725}}

We love this fan. I think there is a newer version of this fan, but the one we have is still available. It also comes with/without the nightlight, different CFMs, whatever.

Here is a link that might be useful: this fan on Amazon

• Jenn Fenn
    7 years ago

Numbersjunkie,

Did you go with the Panasonic fan with recessed light after all? I'm looking at that fan for a bathroom installation right now and I have the same question about the light and it's whiteness v. warmness. I hate the harsh white lights of our other panasonic bathroom fans (different models than this one). The specs on the Panasonic website say that it's 3000K for light, which is right in the middle of being warm and cool...so it can go either way and I'm worried. How did you fare in the end? Here's the model I'm looking at: https://www.build.com/panasonic-fv-08vre1-whisperrecessed-bathroom-fan-light/s1067394?uid=2574544&source=gg-gba-pla_2574544&gclid=CjwKEAjw7svABRCi_KPzoPr53QoSJAABSvxfJdY9ALhdous91sWJJXKk4W4oK_L2SrUjv4FDlU6O6xoC0Vrw_wcB

• numbersjunkie
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Jenn, we never got yhr barroom reno off the ground so I can't help you give you a firsthand review. But I think 3000k should be OK for a bathroom.

• grannysmith18
    7 years ago

Jenn, I love my 3000K LEDs, which I'm putting in all over the house, and it's my plan to put them in the bathroom reno as well. I find them to be a beautiful natural color light. For me the slightly warmer 2700Ks are too yellow and distort the other colors in a room. Having said that, I definitely wouldn't go over 3000K, because then you start moving to a harsh blue-ish tinge.

Thank you for bringing this fan to my attention. I may get it too.

• Jenn Fenn
    7 years ago

Grannysmith, thanks for the imput--that's good info to know!

Sponsored
BME Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars20 Reviews
Loudoun County's Source for High-End Custom Decks & Outdoor Structure