Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
shower curtain/tub shield??

Posted by bumble_doodle (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 20, 12 at 15:36

Challenge: former alcove shower/tub combo now open on end (pony wall).

Me: Put in a glass door/panel as a splash guard/shield on the end toward the shower head. Water shouldn't splash at end too much as the tub is high (Sanijet spa tub) and the door will allow access to turn water on/off.

Him: Shower curtain.

I would like to avoid a curtain because we just opened up the space and having a curtain will close it off again. Perhaps some kind of half-curtain mounted from wall? All ideas welcome!!!

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: shower curtain/tub shield??

Glass, for sure. What was the point of opening up the wall if you then have to put a curtain there?

o

Agreed! I need to find some decent pictures of what I'm thinking of - kind of a half wall/door of glass. Any recommendations?

o

This doesn't sound like a situation that will work for a tub shower without one of the old fashioned "ring" shower curtain assemblies that have a shower curtain that fits inside the tub. Any other treatment for a tub with a deck will just leave water on the deck to drip out onto the floor.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here