Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mh_bath

Kohler Archer Bath Tub

mh_bath
13 years ago

Has anyone place one of these tubs in their house? If so, what is your thoughts on this tub?

Comments (15)

• bh401
    13 years ago

Am am no help but I will be following this thread as I have chosen the Archer for our new house. Are you looking for posts on the soaker, airbath or whirlpool. I chose the airbath-had a Jacuzzi whirlpool in other house, hated the black crud out of the jets! Airbath is supposed to purge 30 minutes after draining.(no more black stuff) And using tankless water heater-will finally have enough hot water to actually fill the tub.

• jeffrow
    13 years ago

I installed one. Ordered the plain tub but store shipped us a whirlpool tub instead. It's been in for about a year in a lightly used bathroom. Holding up fine. Obviously you have to get the Kohler matching overflow set for this tub.

• sue_b
    13 years ago

I have had the Archer tub installed for 1 year. I use it for a shower and my husband uses it for baths. He is 5' 10" and there is enough room. It is 32 inches wide and 60 inches long. Our 1960s bathroom had a 30 inch wide tub so we ordered a more narrow vanity and a narrow Toto toilet to gain the two more inches in our 5 feet by 8 feet bathroom.
    I am pleased with the material it is made of---the tub does not feel flimsy. It is easy to keep clean. I suggest go online to homedepot's site to check the price. While I was shopping there an online chat customer service person asked me if i had any questions. I asked a couple and they sent me a coupon code for either 10 or 15 percent that day. I watched the delivery person walk the box with the tub in it up our driveway since he couldn't get the tractor trailer up our driveway. He had it balanced over one shoulder holding it with one arm so it was relatively light. This is what it looks like installed. Ilike that it doesn't need a separate tiled front and you don't need to order a panel separately.

• joyce_6333
    13 years ago

Sub b: Could you please tell me the brand of your faucet. I really like the clean lines. Thanks.

• Stacey Collins
    13 years ago

I have one, with the Kohler horizontal overflow, and like it very much!

• sue_b
    13 years ago

joyce 6333
    My faucet is a Toto and I ordered in from faucet direct. It took more than 6 weeks to arrive and it was a splurge compared to all my other materials. I love it and Toto was highly rated for quality by this builders website with faucet reviews. The model TL930DDL-CP.

http://starcraftcustombuilders.com/sources.faucets.htm

Here is a link that might be useful: Sue_b finished bathroom 5 x 8

• mh_bath
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I really like you tub set up. What is the overall length from wall to wall? How deep is the water in your tub? Does the horizonal over flow raise the water depth in your tub?

Thanks

• Stacey Collins
    13 years ago

Hi mh_bath,
    I wasn't entirely sure you are asking me, but since mine is the only pic that shows the horizontal overflow, I'm going to guess yes, so here's the answer:
    The overall length is 6'3". I am not sure whether using the horozontal overflow (rather than some other design) increases the depth or not... but it's a really nice deep soak. You can check specs for water depth; I do recall that this tub had a deeper maximum fill than many others I looked at.
    We set ours in a mud bed for stability and insulated all around it and it's wonderful... very solid feeling and keeps the water warm a looooooong time :)

• mom23girls
    12 years ago

So I was reading somewhere that you need a custom order shower doors to be installed with the Archer tub because of the lip on the top edge. Sue_b, it appears you installed shower doors just fine. Looks steller.

• sue_b
    12 years ago

I had not heard that about needing customer order shower doors with an Archer bathtub and my contractor didn't mention having any issue installing it. I ordered that Basco sliding door from Lowes from our specific measurements and I am happy with it. I am glad the salesperson at Lowes in the plumbing department placed the order from my measurements since he knew everything I needed to know before we ordered.

• jlb47
    12 years ago

Hello, I am looking at the Kohler Archer jet tub. Kohler does not tout any soundproofing, as do some of the other brands. Is the Archer noisy?! Thank you for any help you can provide.

• jjaazzy
    12 years ago

Bump... I would also like to know about the sound level of the tub. I don't think this tub has air/jets but none the less would like to know if the tubs sound hollow.

• bh401
    12 years ago

My Archer doesn't sound hollow but it is set in a mud bed.

• jjaazzy
    12 years ago

Stacey, you mentioned that you insulated it. How did you go about that? Did you put something up in sidewalls of the tub? But wait yours is a drop in so you don't have a double wall right? I need to get an alcove tub with a skirt, so I will be getting one that has a hollow area. Confused, hope you see this.