Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shower door??

Posted by holcombe3 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 13, 13 at 15:03

Ok, we are putting the last finishing touches on our forever home. We have a nursery bathroom downstairs (I'm currently expecting). We have 2 bathrooms upstairs one for our 2 yr old Daughter and one that is a jack n Jill bath. I already know that I want to put a shower curtain in the nursery bathroom because I will be bathing a child in it and the shower door will be in the way. I'm debating on whether to do a curtain or shower door on the 2 upstairs baths. I've read that they are hard to keep clean. The jack n Jill bathroom will primarily be used as a guest bath until the little boy I am carrying now is old enough to move upstairs. What would you do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shower door??

Well, my kids were a bit older before they took showers. It was scary for them to have the water running on them in a shower. If it was me, since my kids bathed for years (maybe until 8 or 10?) I would put a curtain rod up. You wouldn't even need a curtain expect in the guest bath. When they are regular showerers, decide which you would prefer. The guest can manage a shower curtain.

o

Hi holcombe, I personally hate shower curtains at home because they get moldy so easily. But, little kids do seem a lot safer with them.

I've installed shower doors in our two bathrooms. I don't have any kids, but have little nieces who stay over frequently. They're 8 and 10 now, so they manage the door ok. But, at home, they use a shower curtain because they have a sister who is only turning 4.

o

I've never had a problem with a moldy shower curtain. I'm curious if the people who have had problems don't open their curtains fully to dry after their showers. I've always left them fully extended for a few hours before sliding them to the side again.

o

If they do get moldy on the bottom edge, I've washed them with great success. Certainly easier than always cleaning the shower doors.

o

Hi there,
please allow me to send some pattern for your option list.
May be you like it!!!

Thank You,.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here