Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cutting silestone

Posted by misstheatre (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 28, 07 at 14:29

Has anyone ordered a slab of silestone from e-counters.com? I have a vessel sink I'd like to use with silestone counter on the vanity but I'm unsure if I could cut my own hole. If so, would I need any special type of holesaw?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cutting silestone

Email them directly, they answered lots of questions for me. From what I've asked I think you need a qualified installer with special tools to do the job. You can also just phone a few installers to ask a few questions too.
HTH

o

You need a saw capable of cutting stone, usually a wet saw. You may be able to find a diamond blade hole saw and run water over the area you are cutting, but likely it will be easier to hire a stone shop to cut it for you.

o
sheesh

Where is my head? I can't believe forgot -- I cut a 1 1/2" hole in my Silestone tile countertop to install a faucet. I used a hole saw I purchased in the tile section at Home Dept and made sure there was always a small pool of water where I was cutting. It took a long time, but made a nice, clean hole. My tiles are thinner than your countertop, only about 5/8" thick, so it will take more time, but it is definitely doable. Sorry about the first bonehead answer I gave. Maybe my brain is trying to block out my kitchen remodel to prevent further trauma.

o

Thanks aliceinwonderland. I'm thinking if I can find a place to do this that will do a small piece of silestone then I will have them do it. My problem is that anywhere I go, they have a minimum square footage which is way more than I need. Hmmmmmm you have given me some hope.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here