Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
akheideman

Almost complete bathroom remodel

akheideman
9 years ago

My master bathroom remodel is almost complete - i still need to add the finishing touches and I have the leaky shower, but other than that its all done. I have posted the photos on pinterest. It includes two "before" photos as well. You can see we used to have a tub/shower combo which we removed for a walk-in shower. Our second bathroom is large enough to have a separate tub and shower in it. The size of the bathroom is roughly 7' x 11' and it has a door leading to a small patio outside that we had to keep. I would say the best thing i purchased was the panasonic heater/fan/light thing. the fan is so quiet and the heater is awesome. It was around $250 on amazon. Through the advice of this forum I also bought a sensor switch for the fan. The most useless item (to me) is the rain shower head. I never use it, but my husband loves it. I also have a folding teak bench in the shower that i love for shaving and hosing down my always filthy 2 year old.

The original remodel budget was $15,000, but i seem to never be able to do anything on a budget and spent $27,000. Luckily we live in a neighborhood with housing values high enough to support my continual over spending.

If anyone has questions please let me know.

Here is a link that might be useful: Masterbath remodel

Comments (13)