Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jsmith321

Bathroom Reveal

JSmith321
9 years ago

After months of hard work (yes, it took us months to do a tiny bathroom but it was all done by ourselves), our ensuite bathroom is complete. We started with a little alcove sized bathroom with small shower and corner toilet, all in yellow.
We took some space from the next room and made the bathroom an even rectangle, put a walk in shower with cubbies, linen closet, and larger mirrored vanity.

Very happy with the results!

Here is the before pic:

Comments (28)

• JSmith321
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And after!

• JSmith321
    Original Author
    9 years ago

More angles

• lotteryticket
    9 years ago

Nice work. I like the bit of "bling " that doesn't take it over the top. Is the vanity custom?

• itltrot
    9 years ago

Looks lovely! Your accent tile looks similar to the kind I am using. I'd love to see more full sized pictures instead of the 1 collage.

We also have a similar shower tower in my husbands shop bath. It's so awesome and easy to plumb.

Enjoy your new bath!

• Alexz7272
    9 years ago

Great job! That is an amazing transformation and I am sure you saved plenty my doing the work yourself! Congrats and enjoy!

• numbersjunkie
    9 years ago

Beautiful! Love the colors in your accent tile- what is it?

• nicole__
    9 years ago

Tile on the wall behind the vanity is a nice touch!!!! Very well done!!!

• Fori
    9 years ago

Very pretty! It looks so nice and bright, especially after what it was.

The before...wow. It looks like someone put a lot of thought and maybe even money into it but it still looked like there were insects crawling up the wall!

• dahoov2
    9 years ago

That's a brilliant transformation. Nice job. So it took a long time. Better a long time and done right than a short time and hating any missteps!

Nice job. Very pretty.

• enduring
    9 years ago

Nice clean look. It is more spacious and peaceful; breathing room. Enjoy your space.

• JSmith321
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone!

In response to the questions, the vanity was not custom. I took a chance and ordered online from a internet retailer in Miami after I couldn't find anything similar that was reasonably priced in my area and had it shipped to the border (I'm in Canada) close enough that I could drive to pick it up. The store was called Chans EStore and they were super helpful and the vanity was gorgeous.

The accent tile is called Blue Marine and it is glass. It was new in stores at the time we got it but I'm seeing it pop up everywhere now at more mainstream tile shops as well.

I'll try and post some closer pics for those who asked.

• JSmith321
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Close up pic

• JSmith321
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Close up pic #2

• JSmith321
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Close up pic # 3, some much needed window treatments have since gone up ;)

• JSmith321
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Close up pic # 4

• JSmith321
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Close up pic of inside of shower (prior to finishing the caulking and shower door installation).

• mary9915
    9 years ago

Wow I love it! I'm a fan of a little sparkle and you've done sparkle perfectly!

• rooandcheese
    9 years ago

I love how you used the accent tile! That one was on my list for a while, too... maybe for the next bathroom :)

• MrsShayne
    9 years ago

WOW! looks awesome and I LOVE that vanity (& shower) - great job!!

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    9 years ago

Wow, what a difference! Normally I hate mirrored furniture, but your vanity looks great. Love the shower niche, too.

• ratherbesewing
    9 years ago

Love your lighting selections! Could you give sources? Beautiful job.

• JSmith321
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The lighting was by Uberhaus and it was the Naples collection.

• aurorawa
    9 years ago

BEAUTIFUL! May I ask what company makes the accent tile? Blue Marine is the name of the particular style, if I am correct?
    Thanks!

• lam702
    9 years ago

I realize this post is a bit old, but hopefully JSmith321 is still lurking about. Your bathroom is just beautiful, bling but not too much, just a unique, tastefully done job. I am in the process of planning to remodel our bath. We're definitely tearing out the tiles around the tub, ours are similar to your old ones, with the flowers (except ours are blue and white) I can't decide if we should tackle tearing up the floor, its in excellent shape, a powder blue with white grout. I was kind of thinking if we put some porcelain Carrera marble tiles surrounding the tub, with a border like yours, it might tie in with the blue floor and not look too bad. I am ok with the blue floor although I realize it is not a current trend, but I am very sick of trying to keep the white grout clean. (yes, I've sealed it but its 25+ years old and I can't get it as bright white as I'd like). I thought if I used a quality grout colorant, in a grey shade, that might tie it all together, the blue, white and gray. Anyone have any thoughts? This bathroom inspires me to work with the blue if I can.

• xmkx
    8 years ago

I love how light and airy the bathroom is. Can you tell me what wall tiles and floor tiles you used? Are they porcelain? sizes please!

• lilmisfit
    8 years ago

Wow! Beautiful transformation! Love the bling! I'm currently remodeling our bathroom into a Tiffany themed room, so yours definitely caught my eye! I especially love the vanity, the light fixture and the accent tile. Nice job!

• mustangs81
    8 years ago

I missed the reveal so I'm glad this was brought back up. Fantastic job!! Amazing that it is DIY.

• Jill Wood
    8 years ago

Wow! Well done. What a phenomenal change. It's all beautiful - my favorite elements are your tile choices and that fabulous mirror.