Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quesera1970_gw

alternative to carrera tiles?

quesera1970
10 years ago

Hello GW'ers,

We are in the midst of a kitchen and bath remodel--"we" being me handling all the plans, communications, finances, details, and errands and my husband "weighing in" on more or less final plans (I do the work and get to make choices, he gets veto power). Well, my plans for backsplash and shower tile was just waylaid by my husband, who declared that he "hates" white (eg carrera) marble in all forms. Hates marble. Anything but marble. So, our bathroom was going to have dark slate-looking ceramic tile on the floor, and smaller hex tile in carrera on shower floor with larger carrera tiles on walls of shower--a kind of cool, understanded palette of blues/grays/whites, but with the natural beauty of a stone DH hates. Kitchen backsplash was also going to be carrera tiles (with blue pearl granite and white cabs. I think I will replace the beautiful carrera tiles in the kitchen with white subway glass (on the approved list), but I don't want it in the bathroom as well--worried that the slate-like floors and white glass tile might be a little too clinical. Can anyone recommend a ceramic tile or something that would go with dark slate-colored floors? sometime like marble, but not like marble???!!!! I think he might even go for a different color marble, and he claims to love travertine, but I'm not sure about slate and travertine together....

Comments (7)

Sponsored
High Point Cabinets
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Columbus' Experienced Custom Cabinet Builder | 4x Best of Houzz Winner