Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Caulking 1/2 inch gap bet. tile & fixture

Posted by lisah (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 30, 12 at 12:18

I am just finishing up a bathroom remodel. Underneath the shower fixture there is a 1/2 inch gap between tile and fixture. The contractor is coming back in about 4 hours to fix the gap, but he's not the most experienced guy, and I'm afraid he's going to just try to fill the gap with caulk. The gap is large enough that it looks like caulk there will never remain stable. Is there some trick I should know for filling such a large gap? (so that I can evaluate his solution when I talk to him) Thanks in advance for any advice!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Caulking 1/2 inch gap bet. tile & fixture

Pictures might help because I'm not visualizing a "shower fixture." Does the gap exist because the tile was cut incorrectly? If so, replace the tile.

o

Thanks--here is a picture. (Sorry the quality isn't great, but it should give you some idea.)

o

Trying again!

o

Tile looks cut incorrectly to me, he should be replacing and not filling with caulk.

o

Thanks a lot!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here