Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

American Standard faucet with Godmorgon/ Braviken

Posted by echelon3 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 31, 09 at 11:18

Hi... hoping I can find some answers...

I have an IKEA Godmorgon/ Braviken sink/cabinet ( and would like to use American Standard faucets. The American Standard drain valve's overflow connection cannot be used because the Ikea sink is using a low-profile pipe layout with a separate overflow tube.

Is there a way around this? Could I still use the American Standard drain or I would I need an Ikea-specific one to use with the sink? Would an IKEA strainer work with the American Standard faucet?

Thanks... searched for hours but just couldn't find the answer. Planning on a trip to Ikea soon... just a bit disappointing that I can't use the other faucets.

Also, do scratches come out of the sink? The plumbers were grateful enough to leave some for me.


Follow-Up Postings:

RE: American Standard faucet with Godmorgon/ Braviken

We were going to use the Godmorgen/Braviken combo and had this same dilemma. We decided to use non-Ikea faucets and just not use the drain up/down thingie on the faucets. I was actually looking for some faucets with the least obtrusive up/down lever for that reason.

We decided to go custom in the end, so I can't tell you how it would have been in real life, sorry.

About the scratches, I'd call Ikea and ask them. or have you tried asking these Qs on the forum?? The Braviken sink is pretty new to the US so probably not many people have experience with them.

Good luck- it's a sexy sink! Which color cabinet did you choose?

RE: American Standard faucet with Godmorgon/ Braviken

Hi, I tried posting a similar q on ikeafans, but that site seems to only respond to kitchen questions :)

I went with the birch color. After some more work, using an american standard drain will negate the whole full drawer concept, and I could not find a suitable IKEA drain.

RE: American Standard faucet with Godmorgon/ Braviken

I believe all you need is a pop-up drain. That is what is included with the Ikea faucets sold to go with their plumbing. You can usually find these drains easily enough since they're used with lots of non-overflow vessel-type sinks. You just need to be sure the threads are the same as Ikea's Euro plumbing parts, but I think Ikea's customer service folks should be able to give you that info if you call.

 o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

    If you are a member, please log in.

    If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

  • You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here