Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need Help with Master Bathroom Towels

Posted by auggie1020 (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 15, 12 at 11:05

Hi All:

We bought a home and the master bath really has no place to hang towel bars (although it is very large and has a large garden tub and larger walk-in shower stall). We wind up just throwing our towels over the tempured glass shower enclosure. My understanding is that you can't drill into the tempured glass once it is tempered so installing a towel bar on the enclosure is not an option. I was hoping for some ideas from the pros on what to do to be able to hang two large bath towels to dry each day. We never use the tub and I was thinking of installing some type of retractable line across it or hanging a double towel bar over the bottom of the one window which would make the towels act as curtains when they are hanging? Any comments/suggestions would be appreciated.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need Help with Master Bathroom Towels

You are correct, can't drill tempered glass. There are towel bars which will clip over the top edge of a glass shower enclosure. I remember discussing them with our glass supplier when planning our bathroom. Might check Bed, Bath & Beyond too.

How about the back of your door. Might there be space there for towels.

Or, consider robe hooks. Some prefer hooks for their towels instead of rods and they certainly require less wall space.

o
RE: Need Help with Master Bathroom Towels

I second the suggestion of robe hooks. You can also find freestanding towel racks for bath-sized towels. Third idea is a double towel rack, one towel is behind the other. We have a double rack and it works just fine. Last, you could mount towel bars to the back of the door, one up high and one down low.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here