Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cataan

Anyone have an eye for aesthetics?

cataan
9 years ago

I am trying to efficiently (and inexpensively) lay out a bathroom alcove. Being an alcove it has three sides, but the width is 47.5 inches so standard 48 inch vanities (and standard 49 inch tops) won't fit. I've looked at all sorts of configurations with linen cabinets, drawers, etc. but the price really moves when incorporating all those pieces. I've even considered using a 42 inch vanity with a custom 47.5 inch top, but again the price jumps dramatically in doing so compared to standard 36 inch vanities with 37 inch tops.

Thus, I would appreciate opinions on this idea: install a standard 36 inch vanity against the right side of the alcove, leaving 11.5 inches of open space on the left side (between the left wall and left side of vanity). Use that space to 1) put a small trash can in the rear of the space, 2) install a towel rack on the wall and hang a full length towel in that space, and 3) install one or two glass shelf platforms above the towel rack (glass so it doesn't clash with the vanity color).

Since the sink would be centered in the vanity, it won't be centered with respect to the alcove itself (it will be biased toward the right), so I need to use the open space such that the alcove is balanced.

Feel free to tell me this is a terrible idea!

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz