Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sigh_gw

Vessel sink base & mounting question

sigh
11 years ago

Long story short, a sneaky leak in the downstairs bathroom of our house is necessitating a bathroom gut and redo. This is an old house and a small full bath, roughly 5'x8'. Space for the sink is extremely tight so options are limited. A pedestal sink is out because we need some sort of storage.

Ikea's Lillangen sink base is 15 3/4" wide by 16 1/8 deep. I found a square, china vessel sink online with integrated facet hole that is 16" wide and 15 3/4" deep. Can I use this sink on this base? Will I need to build a top for the sink base?

I would much, much rather see the sink in person before I purchase it but I was lucky enough to even find something the right size on line! FWIW I loathe the Lillangen sink that Ikea shows with that base, hence my looking for a different sink. Plus using Ikea's sink would mean that we'd have to re-route the faucet plumbing. But I still hate it.

I also hate being flung into having to do this gut and redo but there's no choice. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

Comments (2)