Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vessel sink base & mounting question

Posted by sigh (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 10:58

Long story short, a sneaky leak in the downstairs bathroom of our house is necessitating a bathroom gut and redo. This is an old house and a small full bath, roughly 5'x8'. Space for the sink is extremely tight so options are limited. A pedestal sink is out because we need some sort of storage.

Ikea's Lillangen sink base is 15 3/4" wide by 16 1/8 deep. I found a square, china vessel sink online with integrated facet hole that is 16" wide and 15 3/4" deep. Can I use this sink on this base? Will I need to build a top for the sink base?

I would much, much rather see the sink in person before I purchase it but I was lucky enough to even find something the right size on line! FWIW I loathe the Lillangen sink that Ikea shows with that base, hence my looking for a different sink. Plus using Ikea's sink would mean that we'd have to re-route the faucet plumbing. But I still hate it.

I also hate being flung into having to do this gut and redo but there's no choice. Thanks in advance for any help and suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vessel sink base & mounting question

Yes, you will need a counter for it to sit on. I presume you are wall mounting the faucet? There for sure will not be enough room on the counter for it. IMHO, that's a pretty big sink for a counter that size, but if you like the look....

o
RE: Vessel sink base & mounting question

Thanks for the reply, writersblock. The sink has an integrated faucet hole so that I don't need to mount a faucet on the counter or wall, the faucet can mount directly onto the sink.

It's hard to describe but the look that I'm going for is something similar to this, but in white and without the nearly 600$ price tag:
http://vigoindustries.com/product/16-inch_aristo_single_bathroom_vanity_vg090101181k1#

That sink is a drop in, my version would be taller.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here