Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fantini Rain Head-- Flow Restrictor?

Posted by SethG (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 14, 12 at 10:21

Hey we have installed a Fantini rain head in our bathroom, along with a hand spray wand.

It is really nice but I would like to increase the water output-- I am guessing there is a plastic flow restrictor in the rain head. I am posting because while I am somewhat familiar with what is necessary to remove the restrictor from a standard shower head, I am wondering if there is anything weird I should look for in the rain head. (We didn't install it ourselves, a plumber did it for us.)

Also, is it likely there is a flow restrictor in the wand as well?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fantini Rain Head-- Flow Restrictor?

So I took apart the Hansgrohe Clubmaster in my master bathroom. It was easy to remove the white flow restrictor and now the Clubmaster rocks.

Inspired, I took the wrench to my Fantini rain head. Once I got it down I looked inside and there is a white plastic piece inside it as well. But this piece is a little more complicated: it has a moving cylinder within a cylinder. Also it is beneath a screwed in piece of metal-- there is a hexagonal opening, I'm guessing I need a special wrench to take it out?

I don't want to mess up the rain head. Anyone have any advice? I could post a photo later, I didn't think to take one when I took the head down.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here