Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shower Wand Placement

Posted by itltrot (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 19, 13 at 9:51

The plumber came last week and did the shower plumbing on our masterbath remodel. Last night as I was explaining the plumbing to a friend I realized I think the shower wand plumbing is in the wrong location.

I had left a picture as a reference but we honestly never spoke about the wand. We discussed the drain, the rain head and the regular shower head. DH says it's up to me if we have it changed. I don't feel like it's usable at it's current height unless I get a super long hose and I don't think I want to fight with extra hose. Maybe I'm being silly. I've waited 12 years for this bathroom remodel and don't want to live with something that I'm not sold on.

Current placement is over 6' (I didn't measure exactly). In my head it was going to be mid height on the shower like shower valve height.

Sorry for the poor iphone picture. The higher one is the shower wand, the lower one towards the corner is the wand.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Let me know your thoughts. Ignore all the wiring in the shower as the electrician hasn't been there yet to move it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shower Wand Placement

itltrot,

Have him move it. Looks like you could have it down on the right, just right of the 1X4 leaning against the wall.
NOt a big deal, just place some blocking and connect it down below.

Am sending a pic of mine (testing for plumbing leaks) for reference. Remember you don't want the elbow coming out at the height you want to hang the actual shower wand head, you want the water coming from below and coming up the hose. I am actually going to have two hookups for the actual wand, one at 'normal height, ie lower and to one side of the main shower head, and one on the adjoining wall, but lower to accomodate my shaving my legs. Like you, I waited a long time for this bathroom, and I want it to function for me!

BTW, I think you meant to say above, that the higher one is the shower head! Am I right? LOL
 photo testingplumbingforleaks1of1_zps1dd6564a.jpg

o
RE: Shower Wand Placement

I can't be held responsible for what my fingers type!

Yes, the taller one is the regular shower head. The slightly shorter one is the current want placement.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here