Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kiwigem_gw

Is Kohler Moderne Gold timeless enough to splurge?

Kiwigem
9 years ago

Hi everyone! My first post in Bathrooms :-)

We are building a new home and went over budget on the things that can't really be changed later- windows, HVAC, flooring, etc. To stay in budget, we are going really cheap on the stuff that can be upgraded later (faucets, lights, interior doors).

One faucet I think we will have to splurge on is the powder room. This is because we are making the sink vanity out of my great grandfather's childhood dresser. It's shallow, so we have to use a wall mounted faucet. Wall mounted faucets, unless I am mistaken, seem much harder to change out later as there are fewer choices and they seem to have proprietary rough-in valves. (Please chime in if I am wrong about that)

So, the faucet I would really love to use with Grandpa's dresser is the Kohler Purist. We are going to have mixed metals in the house, and I think the Moderne Brushed Gold would look really neat against the wood dresser and the white quartzite top. However, I would hate to spend so much on a faucet only to have it seem hopelessly outdated before too long.

Do you think the Gold is a worthy finish, or should I play it safe with a silver tone faucet?

Thanks!!!!

Comments (6)