Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
does towel bar in front of sink get in the way?

Posted by essdana (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 31, 11 at 4:37

Hello All,

I'd love to find this sink on display in a store but no such luck. Does anyone have one and if so, does the towel bar get in the way of washing one's face or leaning into the mirror? Also the depth is 5.5". Is that too shallow, i.e., does water splatter onto the sides of the sink?

Here is a link that might be useful: Porcher Sapho pedestal

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: does towel bar in front of sink get in the way?

Another option is having two towel bars on the sides which is practical as this is a tiny bath off of a basement room that will be used as a bedroom. But I don't know...seems more institutional instead of sophisticated and more streamlined.

Here is a link that might be useful: Sapho sink with towel bars on the sides

o

I don't have that sink so I can't answer about the depth, but I prefer the look of the one with towel bars on the sides as opposed to the middle. The towel bar in the middle looks almost like some kind of grab bar or something. and I don't think I'd want to brush against the hand-drying towel (either lint gets on my clothes, or if I've been working outside then dirt gets on the towel).

o

Good points, Engineer Chic. I think I like the sink with the "grab bar" because the bowl itself is slimmer and the deck is wider. It seems more modern. Sigh...I have to give it some more fautl.

o

Overstock has a great many vanities with towel bars like that. You might want to read around in the reviews there to see if anyone mentions it being a problem.

o

Is the "grab bar" something you can install or leave off? If it's an optional add-on (something that hooks into hidden holes or clips) then you could consider getting the sink you like & just putting a towel bar on the wall, no?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here