Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laremodel_gw

Any reviews on Victoria & Albert tubs?

LARemodel
9 years ago

While waiting for my renovation plans to be approved by the city, I have vacillated on my bathtub choice. I chose the Wetstyle BE-01 (66" L x 34" W) free-standing composite bathtub, but changed my mind three times.

Now I'm thinking about the Victoria & Albert free-standing Barcelona tub. I've tried several of the V&A tubs, but none of the tubs I tried were comfortable for me - either too narrow (30" wide) or too long (76" long). I'm trying to find a showroom that has the Barcelona so I can try it out.

The V&A and Wetstyle tubs are both composite materials and weigh about the same. The Wetstyle has a 5-year warrantee and the V&A has a 25 year warrantee. The Wetstyle is more expensive. The V&A tubs have more distributors - so easier to negotiate on the price.

Can anyone comment on durability or comfort of either tubs?

Comments (17)

• LARemodel
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Malabacat,

Thanks for responding! I'm 5'1", but my teen son likes to take baths and he's 6'1". He tried out the Wetstyle in the showroom and thought it would be comfortable.

• llcp93
    9 years ago

We too are getting a V&A tub and it goes in a week Friday. Wish I could help you. Would be glad to share our feedback when it is all done. I too have a 6.1 son who likes to bathe and is looking forward to doing so in this tub.

• Steve Turner
    6 years ago

V&A tubs are installed in very high-end hotels. V&A website lists them. Impressive. One would think that Haytt did testing and liked the product. Wetstyle must be in some high-end hotels but their website does not say.

• Susan Griffith
    3 years ago

Can anyone comment on your satisfaction with the V&A tubs you installed?

• llcp93
    3 years ago

@susan Griffith
    I LOVE mine. I have a V&A Roxburgh claw foot with polished nickel feet. Installed in 2015.
    I have had no issues with it. One of my cats likes to jump in it while it’s still wet and there are zero claw marks. The finish is tough.
    My toddler grandson has dropped or banged the handheld shower (2 handled tub filler with handheld in Coco bronze/polish nickel) several times and the handheld nor the tub has scratched.

The tub hold heat very well. I grew up with a iron tub and I’m not sure it’s that good at retaining heat but it is far above the steel/acrylic/cultured marble tubs I have used.

The Roxburgh is not super roomy side to side on the bottom. I’m 5’ 6” and size 12 and it’s fine. When I was 40lbs heavier, I found it not comfortable. Hope that helps.

• Susan Griffith
    3 years ago

@zookeeper93 Thank you so much! I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I am happy to hear it has worked out well for you.

• PRO
    Quality Bath
    3 years ago

Hi @Susan Griffith,

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you may have on V&A tubs.

• plan2remodel
    3 years ago

I started this thread (OP), but ended up choosing a Devon&Devon tub, which I love.

• Tealselkie
    3 years ago

So happy to find this thread. I am deciding on a tub and was interesting in the V&A because of the material and that I generally like Rohl products. Mine will be a drop-in. I am looking at the Rossendale because it is longer (I have long legs) and it has a deep water overflow - also important when you are tall so that the top half of you doesn't get cold. I guess I was wondering if the material held the heat - I don't want to get a heater, like Kohler has. If not the V&A, I am not sure but I get the feeling that cast iron is better than acrylic or fiberglass for holding heat? I was happy to read that zookeeper93 says her tub has held up well. Plan2remodel, can you tell me why you like your Devon&Devon tub?

• Lili G.
    3 years ago

Love my VA clawfoot tub! Wraps my shoulders & head well while soaking!! I can sit in it for an hour and still keeps the water really warm!! Sturdy, easy to clean and classy polished look! Totally recommed!!! Enjoy!

• HU-580461259
    3 years ago

We bought the V&A Barcelona bath and Sinks and love the look of them but the bath is not comfortable, even with the really expensive backrest. It’s too long so you can’t lie back unless you’re at least well over 6 ft and neither me nor my partner 5:11 can get in it on our own without risking drowning! So we end up sat upright or sideways. It’s ok when we’re both in as we prop each other up!

• Tealselkie
    3 years ago

I sat in the Rossendale 66" and it fits me well. Lili, I love hearing that you are happy with the performance of the material and the finish. I am decided!! Thank you!

• mseamm
    2 years ago

@llcp93

Thank you for pointing out the width. I just looked up the Roxburgh - it's beautiful! I do see that the bottom narrows to 19" wide.

I am interested in the Kaldera which is 20 5/8" on the bottom even though the tub is 31.5" wide - that's quite a slant! Would you think that might be a little bit more comfortable? My husband and I have a little extra weight ;)

I REALLY wanted cast iron but none of them are very deep and also a pain to install. This product isn't acrylic (YAY) and you don't need a mortar base to install which is nice. Also the warranty is pretty great (cast iron is lifetime but I'm okay with 25 years =)

• muskokascp
    2 years ago

@HU-580461259 V&A now has a Barcelona 1500 which is 59" long. This feels like a more standard sized tub that would be good for those us us not too tall (5'3") How long is the Barcelona you have? If it was shorter, would it be comfortable then?

• DMAC3620
    2 years ago

Muskokascp- I’m curious to know this too! Anyone have comfortable v+a recs for shorter people?

• mimmo10
    5 months ago

We are considering the Amiata 64". we tried the 59" in a showroom & it was a little small even though I'm only 5'0. My feet could touch the other side, but for my husband it was a little small & I felt we could go a little bigger. My fear is the back slope won't be as comfortable, we have not found a showroom with the bigger size, anyone have the AMIATA 64" that can give some feedback???