Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
yuliao

bathroom faucet with pull out spray?

YuliaO
10 years ago

Anybody seen it recently? I remember Home Depot used to sell those but not anymore�
I only found one faucet online, and i don't like the design�.

Please help!

Comments (18)

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

Why would you want one on a bathroom faucet? Really...please tell me.

OTOH, if you need one to wash your hair, I suppose, there is no law against putting a kitchen faucet in a bathroom...

-Babka

• enduring
    10 years ago

The ones at HD were American Standard that I saw last year. I considered getting a pull out spray for my first remodel. Kohler makes the "Side Spray" (I think that is the name). I don't know if that would work for you, I almost got it but didn't have the room along with my regular bathroom faucet. The Side Spray is a kitchen spray that is plumbed independently and has it's own off/on, hot/cold. It is angled to land the spray into the sink when it is docked. It is expensive though.

• sjhockeyfan325
    10 years ago

Well, I admit I don't wash the floors in my house but even if I did, I wouldn't install a separate pull-out for this purpose, I'd just fill the bucket in the kitchen (which must be what most people do, or there'd be more of a market for this device!)

• raehelen
    10 years ago

I have a pull-out spray on my MBR faucet, but it's not installed yet. I can hardly wait, I looked high and low for one. Doesn't anyone else hand-wash? I am thinking it will save me having to fill sink up mulitiple times to rinse Zero out, etc. And for bathrooms with kids, a spray would facilitate hair washing...

Anyhow, here's mine, nicest one I saw online was the Green Tea line by American Standard, beyond what I wanted to spend in Brushed NIckel.

Price Pfister "Ideal"

AS Green Tea

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

I bought a 1 gal bucket (at the Container Store) that fits in our bathroom sink under the faucet. Would that work for you? That is SOME kitchen faucet! I am certain that you could fill any size pot or bucket under that one.

-Babka

• YuliaO
    Original Author
    10 years ago

if you fill out the bucket at the sink then you have to bring the full bucket to the floorâ¦

1 gal is not enoughâ¦

raehelen, thank you!

• ineffablespace
    10 years ago

You might look under shampoo faucets. Kohler discontinued all theirs...

• msgreatdeals
    10 years ago

I'm going to install a kitchen faucet in my laundry room so I can wash my dog there. I thought I could get a rubber hose with spray to attach to existing faucet but unable to find a good one. I remember having one years ago for washing my hair. Before kitchen faucets came with sprayers.

• Babka NorCal 9b
    10 years ago

Yulia-O- I guess we don't wash floor the same way. I don't even fill the bucket 1/2 full to wash my floor. After dry Swiffering it to get hair and lint... I do it on my hands and knees. I spray a small area of the floor with a cleaner (Holy Cow or Simple green), wipe it with a rung-out cloth, then rinse the cloth in the 1/2 gal of water, and wipe again. Follow that with a swipe with a dry towel. I repeat that over 2'x2' areas and I'm done in less than 10 minutes. My bathroom is 7'x12'. I do the same in my kitchen with 3/4 gallon water which is 3x that size.

How do you wash YOUR floor? I guess I just don't get using more water than that.

-Babka

• ineffablespace
    10 years ago

Barclay makes lavatory faucets with pullout spray

Here is a link that might be useful: Barclay

• pricklypearcactus
    10 years ago

I usually partially fill a bucket with some soapy water to wash my bathroom floors. I usually put the bucket in the bath tub and either fill it using the tub spigot or I've added a hand shower that's quite convenient for bucket filling (or spraying down the walls and tub after I've cleaned the tub/shower area). I did intentionally select a high arch faucet to facilitate filling containers and washing things in the sink (hands, laundry, etc). I am able to fit the container for my little green machine soap/water under the high arch faucet. I could fit a small bucket probably.

I have a hand shower attachment that I put on another (unremodeled) bathroom sink that can reach the shower area that I use to bathe my large dog. So I suppose I could see some uses for having the spray on a sink. If the sink was large enough, it would work well for hair washing. (As a teen I used my parents' laundry room sink which had a spray.)

• anna_in_tx
    10 years ago

Kohler Lady Vanity sink WHITE on Craigslist in Houston TX.

Good for washing delicates, babies and toy dogs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kohler Lady Vanity Houston, TX

This post was edited by Anna_in_TX on Tue, Dec 31, 13 at 17:28

• talley_sue_nyc
    10 years ago

You might look into bar faucets--they often have pullout sprays, and they're scaled smaller than kitchen faucets. But I have no idea how they relate, in size, to a bathroom sink.

Here is a link that might be useful: Or you could use this trick!

• Debbi Branka
    10 years ago

I had one in my former house (my son still lives there and uses it). It is PricePfister. Matching faucet in that kitchen, and in my daughter's kitchen. I loved it. I did not wash my hair in the sink, but it was great for cleaning (just like a hand-held in the shower).

• aiallega
    10 years ago

I have this pull-out faucet on our laundry sink. It's a little too small but I do use the pull-out a lot. I have it in brushed nickel. So far it has held up well. We've had it for about 3 years.

Here is a link that might be useful: pull-out faucet