Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jewelisfabulous

Do I REALLY want a towel warmer?

jewelisfabulous
10 years ago

On our honeymoon 22 years ago, my husband and I stayed in a B&B that had a towel warmer next to the shower. It felt sooo wonderful to dry off with a toasty warm towel! Since our honeymoon, I've had my eye on having a warmer. We're remodeling our master bath, so now is my chance. When I've mentioned the thought to my friends, they get dreamy looks on their faces, so I know it's a popular idea. However....

....the only spot for a towel warmer is on a wall next to the tub, which is WELL out of reach of the separate shower. The kicker is that I mostly take showers. I don't anticipate this will change after the remodel. The towel warmer will certainly be awesome on the rare occasion that I do use the tub but, unless I'm willing to hop out of the shower dripping wet to run across the room to grab a towel each morning, I don't see the towel warmer getting much use.

So, in your opinion, should I spend the $300-$600 to get the "wow factor" of a towel warmer even thought I'll be able to use it only once in a great while? Or, should I just use the money for something else in the bathroom like upgrading the faucets or buying a piece of art to hang on the wall by the tub (like this: http://www.ballarddesigns.com/grande-bouquet-plaque/wall/category/wall-decor/all-wall-decor/10654)?

Comments (6)