Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which Shower/Bath Faucet did you use - are you happy with it?

Posted by belasea (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 3, 12 at 23:49

Which shower/bath faucet did you use and are you happy with it? We have a traditional style house. We are considering the following brands

1) Rohl - but we have seen some negative reviews for the kitchen faucets. Anyone have this brand for their shower/faucet?

2) Toto

3) Danze

4) Grohe - we have grohe in the kitchen and works fine, but looks more modern than we wanted for the bathroom.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which Shower/Bath Faucet did you use - are you happy with it?

Also, are their other brands that you would suggest? We are looking for something traditional and that will stand the test of time. Thank you so much to gardenweb - I am so thankful for the wonderful people of this forum.

o

Have you looked at Hansgrohe? I am going to install a tub filler with hand held spray. This isn't a shower set up.

I am using the traditional looking one called Axor Montreux:
Photobucket

It will be a few weeks before I get the thing installed, as I am the slowest remodeler this side of the Mississippi.

o

Thank you, enduring. That looks really nice! We looked at hansgrohe, but didn't see this model.

Last night, I stayed up very late doing research and found the website below rating all of the different faucet brands. They rated grohe, hansgrohe and graff about the same.

Now I'm leaning towards graff, but I don't think the parts will be as easy to get as the hansgrohe or grohe brands. I will have to look at the model that you have shared. Thanks so much.

Here is a link that might be useful: Faucet reviews

o

I had read that too and thought it was a great resource. The same Star site also has a great article on bathroom layout specs that was so helpful to me.

Best of luck to you. Keep everyone posted on your selection.

o

Grohe does have traditional-looking styles. I will be using "Geneva" in my new master bath. They also have several others. Go on the Grohe website and look at the category they call "authentic design". I have used Grohe before, and I have been happy with it. I have also used Hansgrohe, and I liked that, too.

o

We have fixtures from the Parma collection by Danze. We are happy with them.

o

Thank you, astridh and dekeoboe!

o

We were going to try the Kohler Bancroft line, but thats a long story. And also not my fault because EngineerChic had a similar issue with the system. Nothing to do with fixture quality though.

We ended up with a Price Pfister Pasadena set for our bathroom sink, shower and tub hardware. the construction seemed sturdy and it had all the features I was looking for. We've been very happy with it, and the $1k we saved :-)

o

Thank you everyone. After reading everything and doing research, we ordered the Graff, Canterbury line for our shower. Our local plumbing store has excellent prices and service, and confirmed that they were a great line. They also had the rough in already in stock. I would highly recommend Excel Plumbing if you're in the San Francisco area.

Thank you GW!

o

Thank you everyone. After reading everything and doing research, we ordered the Graff, Canterbury line for our shower. Our local plumbing store has excellent prices and service, and confirmed that they were a great line. They also had the rough in already in stock. I would highly recommend Excel Plumbing if you're in the San Francisco area.

Thank you GW!

o

Thank you GW!

o

Oops, darn iPad with triple posts!

o

Happy you got this decision made and that you have a local supply to do business with.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here