Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
belasea_gw

Which Shower/Bath Faucet did you use - are you happy with it?

belasea
11 years ago

Which shower/bath faucet did you use and are you happy with it? We have a traditional style house. We are considering the following brands

1) Rohl - but we have seen some negative reviews for the kitchen faucets. Anyone have this brand for their shower/faucet?

2) Toto

3) Danze

4) Grohe - we have grohe in the kitchen and works fine, but looks more modern than we wanted for the bathroom.

Comments (11)

• belasea
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Also, are their other brands that you would suggest? We are looking for something traditional and that will stand the test of time. Thank you so much to gardenweb - I am so thankful for the wonderful people of this forum.

• enduring
    11 years ago

Have you looked at Hansgrohe? I am going to install a tub filler with hand held spray. This isn't a shower set up.

I am using the traditional looking one called Axor Montreux:
    {{gwi:1395070}}

It will be a few weeks before I get the thing installed, as I am the slowest remodeler this side of the Mississippi.

• belasea
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, enduring. That looks really nice! We looked at hansgrohe, but didn't see this model.

Last night, I stayed up very late doing research and found the website below rating all of the different faucet brands. They rated grohe, hansgrohe and graff about the same.

Now I'm leaning towards graff, but I don't think the parts will be as easy to get as the hansgrohe or grohe brands. I will have to look at the model that you have shared. Thanks so much.

Here is a link that might be useful: Faucet reviews

• enduring
    11 years ago

I had read that too and thought it was a great resource. The same Star site also has a great article on bathroom layout specs that was so helpful to me.

Best of luck to you. Keep everyone posted on your selection.

• astridh
    11 years ago

Grohe does have traditional-looking styles. I will be using "Geneva" in my new master bath. They also have several others. Go on the Grohe website and look at the category they call "authentic design". I have used Grohe before, and I have been happy with it. I have also used Hansgrohe, and I liked that, too.

• dekeoboe
    11 years ago

We have fixtures from the Parma collection by Danze. We are happy with them.

• belasea
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you, astridh and dekeoboe!

• williamsem
    11 years ago

We were going to try the Kohler Bancroft line, but thats a long story. And also not my fault because EngineerChic had a similar issue with the system. Nothing to do with fixture quality though.

We ended up with a Price Pfister Pasadena set for our bathroom sink, shower and tub hardware. the construction seemed sturdy and it had all the features I was looking for. We've been very happy with it, and the $1k we saved :-)

• belasea
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oops, darn iPad with triple posts!

• enduring
    11 years ago

Happy you got this decision made and that you have a local supply to do business with.