Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shower entry, I'm confused?

Posted by asharding (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 14, 13 at 23:15

How would I make this shower entry work?

I'm thinking of cutting the stud on the left side at an angle (see the line drawn in the concrete on the left, the 1st of the two lines.) However, this will make the slant longer than 4" which might look funny?

On the right side, I'm thinking I would have the glass extend over the side of the tub deck to the floor.

Should I overhang the glass down to the floor on both sides up to my lines and leave the studs as is or should I frame out the entry on the left and right sides to the inside line?

Or, what is the best design? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shower entry, I'm confused?

Well, truthfully...I would have had the curb in place before pulling the mud pan. You could custom cut some bricks to fit in there. Adhere them with a modified thinset and coat the whole deal with Hydroban or Redgard. Having said that, what is your water management system? I don't see a liner going up the sides, but the pic doesn't show much. Are you putting Kerdi over everything or what?

Not enough info.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here