Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chicgeek_gw

Looking for opinions/experience with floor grout

chicgeek
11 years ago

Hi. I posted this question in the kitchen forum and didn't get alot of response, so I am hoping maybe I can get some help here. We are having tile installed in our kitchen/dining/FR & foyer. There will be alot of foot traffic. The tile is 6x24" wood look plank porcelain tile. The grout will be a brown color. We have 3 cats so we are looking for something that will be durable and stain resistant (b/c of the cats...and spills in the kitchen)

Our contractor is suggesting we use Laticrete Spectralock. One tile dealer suggested urethane grout, but from what I've been told there is a curing time involved when the tile isn't to be exposed to water. I'm concerned since it will be in the kitchen (potential water, spills, etc). Another tile dealer said they don't offer urethane grout, but we could use epoxy grout. But I've been reading online about potential fumes from epoxy grout installation and we have a family member with a chemical fume sensitivity.

What have been your experiences been with your floor grout? What kind do you have and are you happy with it? If you have epoxy or urethane, do you think there is a difference? If you used epoxy grout, where there significant fumes, etc? If you are experienced with tile and grout, is Laticrete enough for our needs?

Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Comments (4)