Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elk2000

Small Guest bathroom completed!

elk2000
11 years ago

It took us about 5 months, but we're finally done with small guest bathroom remodel. We got tons of information on Gardenweb. Thank you!
I regret not taking Before pictures, just visualize builder grade all white very standard bathroom.

The layout stayed the same, the room is about 8'x7.5', all new plumbing, electricity, window. We had wide 2 sinks vanity, and decided that we don't need it, so we moved the plumbing to accommodate vanity with 1 sink.
Still need to add some contemporary art on the wall.
Here is what we used.

Vanity, side cabinet and linen closet door: custom made
Caesarstone Quartz Countertop
American Standard Cadet 3 toilet
Window with privacy glass (don't want any blinds)
Linen closet: Container store Elfa
Maax Gondola tub door
Hansgrohe Metris S Thermostatic Trim with diverter
Hansgrohe Allrounder shower
Dornbracht Yota Chrome Faucet
Wall tile: Atelier Grafite with red stone listello: 10"x14", there are 3 types of tiles, darker gray on the bottom, transition tile (grey to white) is in the middle and top of the wall and white tile is everywhere else.
Niche tile: Stainless steel mosaics
Schluter profiles and Kerdi
LED mirror with defogger
Panasonic WhisperCeiling fan
PLC Lighting Swiss light
Hinkley Lighting Latitude
Accessories: Nameeks Bridge towel holder, Blomus waste bin, Luthron dimmer, fan timer, receptacles.

It's so hard to take pictures in the small room! I ended up doing pieces.
Complete album is here

We've also completed basement bathroom with sauna, so will be posting pictures soon as well.
Time to start kids bathroom. Hopefully, this one will take much less time.

Comments (18)

• williamsem
    11 years ago

Ooh, very cool modern vibe! I love the pebble accent tiles! I bet you smile every time you walk in there. Great job!

• enduring
    11 years ago

I think this is wonderful. Those pebble tiles look like jelly beans. I think the dark floor is a nice contrast. Is it the original or did you put new down? This is very sophisticated in color. The transition gray is nice. Is the tub original or did you get that new too? I hope your guest enjoy this very fun space.

• cat_mom
    11 years ago

PERFECT!!!

• elphaba_gw
    11 years ago

Wow! I like your minimal look. Has an Asian flair, IMO. Very nice!

• elk2000
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for your comments!
    I do smile every time I walk in, though my DH does not - we went over budget quite significantly.

Enduring, we did put a new floor, it's the same line as wall tile, just basic dark grey 13"x13" tiles.
    We left an old tub, it was actually in very good condition. Considering that everyone is using tub just to take a shower we didn't feel we need to replace it. I'm thinking that may be later on we will re-glaze it.

• sofla
    11 years ago

The caesarstone gives it a clean look. Loved the lever door handles and the handles on the glass enclosure.

• kmcg
    11 years ago

Great color scheme, and I really love the glass door in the linen cabinet. Your guests will be in awe!

• sofla
    11 years ago

The caesarstone gives it a clean look. Loved the lever door handles and the handles on the glass enclosure.

• treasuretheday
    11 years ago

Very nicely done!

• mabeldingeldine_gw
    11 years ago

Wow, it looks great! I love the tile and accent tile, it really adds some personality to the space!

We just purchased a similar model AC Cadet for our bath. How do you like yours?

• KevinMP
    11 years ago

Looks great. What's that little hanging thing from the base of the shower head flange?

• writersblock (9b/10a)
    11 years ago

I really like the color transitions in the tile. Very nice.

I'd also be interested to know how you like the AS Cadet after you've had it for a while. Is that the regular seat, or did you upgrade it?

• elk2000
    Original Author
    11 years ago

For AS toilet: I made a mistake, it's not Cadet 3, it's 2794204.020 Studio Dual Flush. It came with Duroplast slow close seat and cover. The toilet looks and performs great. Plumber complained that installation was long and difficult, though. The only thing I don't like is the ADA height, but for the room that will be used quite infrequently, that's OK.
    For kid's room I'll be getting non ADA height toilet, for sure.

Here is a link that might be useful: That's the link to the toilet

• qt314b
    11 years ago

Wow! I love your choices - it's a beautiful bathroom. The transitional tiles are really neat! together with the pebble accent they are gorgeous.

You listed what items you used for everything but the sink - who makes the sink? Do you by any chance have a picture of the vanity with the doors open - I am not happy with the way my cabinet maker made my space by the doors and your sink looks similar to my kohler sink - I'd love to see how the guts of your vanity looks. I just love the look!

Rachel

• annkathryn
    11 years ago

Wow! I've never seen a transition tile like what you used - totally awesome. Such a pretty space, you did great.

What's that little hanging thing from the base of the shower head flange?

I can answer because I have the same Hansgrohe shower - it's a hook that you can feed the shower hose through to hold it close to the wall.

• elk2000
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rachel, the sink is made by Toto SanaGloss, I don't know what model it is. I just chose the shape and size of the sink.
    There is no shelving under the sink, just one big open space, that's it. It is fine, I can put some shelves from Container Store if I want. One thing I did right after the installation is I put drawer liner (I did clear) on all shelves in vanity and side cabinet. This way if anything spills or it just becomes dirty all I need to do is replacing the liner.

• stahlee
    11 years ago

elk, what light is that above the mirror?

• elk2000
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The lights are Hinkley Lighting Latitude, 3 lights. It comes with halogen lights but I replaced it with LED bulbs.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm