Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toilet for basement bathroom

Posted by hedygs (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 13, 11 at 22:12

I am needing to purchase a good toilet for a basement bathroom which will be used infrequently. I am thinking when it will get used it will be by a group of young college men.

I was hoping to get away with a good toilet but not too expensive. We do have a Toto ultramax that we like alot but didn't want to spend that much.

I know the Champion Cadet 3 can be purchased at a Big Box Store and that would make it easier but what is the consensus on this toilet?

Oh we prefer a more contemporary look rather then vintage. Thanks for any input you may give.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toilet for basement bathroom

I would recommend one with elongated bowl and wide trap since you say the user will be young men.

Toto was the first to design a working flush solution to the low water usage problem. Since, other major manufacturers have come along. I know Kohler and American Standard receive good marks.

Search Terry Love's site as I believe he rates quite a few brands there.

o
RE: Toilet for basement bathroom

Thanks! Want to go with the elongated bowl for sure. I want to keep the cost down and considered the Drake II but it only comes in ADA height and I don't want that. Some of our visitors are pretty short. :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here