Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What color grout for this shower's tile?

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 21:54

The floor has a marble hex tile with silver grout (a medium neutral gray) and it looks fantastic. Should I just go with white grout or do a light gray like custom's platinum color?

Uploaded with Snapbucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What color grout for this shower's tile?

It's probably a matter of taste, but if you are going to a grout color that does not match the tile, you'd better have a perfect tile job because every flaw will show.

o

I prefer the look of matching grout as it makes it far less busy....

o

Do you want the shape of the tile and the layout of the tile to stand out? If so, this would be more visible with contrasting grout. If you want more of a clean white palette with minimal attention drawn to the tile shape and layout, use a grout that matches the tile.

o

I would say white. That way your accent tile (gorgeous) in the niche will stand out.

That said, that's what I did in our one shower.

o

i ended up doing white grout. it's really pretty, but i wish i would have done a very light gray. i'll do light gray on the other shower's subway tile i think. thanks for the advice, everyone. i'll take photos tomorrow. oh, and my tile guy replaced the broken tiles with no problem.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here