Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help with bathroom layout

Posted by luckymommy1 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 26, 13 at 21:50

Hi all,

We are abut to finalize design for new construction and I would love some feedback on our master bathroom. The right of the photo is coming from the master bedroom through a short hallway between the closets. The WIC to the left will mainly be or extra storage.

I know the door to the toilet room should swing the other way.

Looking for feedback or suggestions n how we uld omletely rework the space. Only things we want are a good iced shower, o bath and 2 separate vanities. Everything else is game!

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Master bath

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help with bathroom layout

What are the dimensions of the room? About 10' X 15'? Is iced shower supposed to be nice shower?

Instead of 2 separate vanities how about a double one on the wall at one end and then move the water closet to be opposite the shower. that might give you enough room for storage and a window between the 2 sinks. It really depends on how long that wall is.

Thanks.

o

Sorry! Here's a better image with measurements. The master bath space is about 19'5" wide and 9'2" deep. Master bedroom is at the top.

I love the idea if getting a bigger window in there. So, let me revise our priorities :)

1) large shower with natural light. We are thinking 4' x 8' but I don't want it to be obscene.

2) as much natural lugt as we can in whole room.

3) spacious vanity, either one or two is fine.

4) storage

I definitely need some fresh, experienced eyes. Thanks for any help!

o

I don't have time at the moment to play with the photo, but seems to me that WIC on the right needs to shift to the interior and let all that exterior wall space be in the bathroom.

o

I love that idea. Would be very interested in what you could come up with when you have some time. Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!

o

Ok, maybe this will spark something new to consider.

This takes the odd angle and makes it into a dressing area with large mirror, a bench, and hooks for clothes. Then a divided WIC below, 7 ft wide to accommodate 2 rows of hangers with a 3 ft aisle.

The bath side has transom windows in the WC and shower for privacy, and windows along the large vanity with two spaces left for mirrors. You could also shorted the vanity and put a skinny floor to ceiling window on each side instead.

There is a towel warmer and robe hooks along the closet wall near the shower, and also a long 18 inch deep closet for linens and supplies. I have 12 and 16 in deep shelves in my linen closet, and find them big enough for my needs, YMMV.

12 and 16 in shelves:
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

o

Thank you! Love those ideas. I drew it up slightly differently. What do you think?

o

(You still have the inswing on the toilet room. while you are modifying, modify that out... in every iteration).

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here