Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me choose a shower door handle?

Posted by kmcg (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 14, 12 at 21:17

Hi all,
For our frameless glass shower, I get to choose between a standard D shaped back to back handle (with or without washers), and a Victorian one, pictured. Our house is Victorian/Edwardian, and the bathroom is fairly traditional in style. Fixtures are chrome with a sort of turned handle look that goes with the Victorian handle. Is this a no-brainer? My only concern is that I don't want something that will look trendy or dated in a few years, or that will look overly fussy. What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me choose a shower door handle?

Yes, it would be a no brainer as far as I'm concerned. That is a nice looking handle and, from your description, I'd say it would complement the style of your room beautifully. I wouldn't worry about it looking dated at all.

o

Thanks treasuretheday! I am so far beyond decision fatigue that it helps to have a second look even at these little decisions!

o

I agree as well, the standard "c" pull looks very modern in my opinion.

o

You could go a little more linear. I used all Kohler Pinstripe Pure for my tub filler and knobs, faucets, shower head and trim, and valve trim, and I used the Pinstripe shower door handle, too. I bought it on Amazon to save some money (it was still pricey at $220). It's a little large (which is why I attached some pictures for scale), but I still love it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

That looks so good with your Kohler pinstripe fixtures! I love the length and the faceted handle. But I'm trying to limit my looking to the 2 choices included with my shower glass quote, so it's basically Victorian or plain. And actually, my Hansgrohe fixtures are pretty rounded in shape, similar to the Victorian handle. So I think the coordination would be good.

o

Then go with it. You could always change it. It'll be better than the standard pull for sure.

o

What is the style of the other fixtures in your bathroom? I would try to match that. But I do like the victorian :-) assuming it goes with what you have.

o

phyll - the other fixtures are Hansgrohe Retroactiv - basically old-timey looking, so they go better with the Victorian pull. I went ahead and ordered that one. Pictures will be posted ... eventually!

o

Kevin, your bathroom is so beautiful. What a smart idea to do the black stone around the edge of the door's opening in your shower. I wish I thought to do that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here