Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
palimpsest

bill, mongo, etc., ever use schluter dilex-as

palimpsest
12 years ago

I have a relatively new, (2 y.o.) bathroom that is is pristine condition. There is no window and the fan is adequate. We completely dry the tile in the tub surround after each use with a towel. (The installers came back for something else a year later and I heard them say it was the newest-looking cleanest bathroom they had seen).

The caulk gets weird in two spots. The front corner of the tub for about an inch in each direction and about mid tub. Its like it stretches or wears a bit in that area and then mildews right there, no where else. The rest stays perfect.

The house is very old and has a certain amount of movement.

Anyway, we Hate these two grey spots that crop up every 9 months or so. And, the house is on the market.

My next house needs two new bathrooms. One is brand new but the workmanship is so horrible and sub code (Shower tile right on green board) that I asked if they would stop putting it in when I made the offer. They finished it but I am not sure it will last the renters who are in it now :/

Anyway, have you used this stuff instead of having a caulk line around a tub? It looks a bit clumsy and commercial to me but I am currently annoyed with caulk. Does mildew form at the edge of this?

{{gwi:1500768}}

Comments (4)