Return to the Bathrooms Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What would you do in this situation?

Posted by threeapples (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 5, 12 at 21:11

the niche in my kids' bathroom shower is tiled with a glass tile. it looks really great. one of the tiles has a chipped corner. should i see if the tile guy can replace that one or just leave it alone and let him grout it? thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What would you do in this situation?

I would probably see if he could change it out if you have the extra tile.

o

If he hasn't grouted yet, I would ask him to replace it.

o

As others said, if it hasn't been grouted yet and there is an extra piece of tile, it doesn't hurt to ask if the tile guy can replace it. I personally don't think it's the end of the world to have a chipped corner, since few (besides yourself) will notice. However, since it's your home and you've noticed it, I see no reason not to try to have the chipped tile replaced.

o

This happened in ours. The chipped one is somewhere under the left sconce cutout (if you blow the pix up you could probably see it). I noticed it right away. But it's a kids bath so I didn't say anything. I feel he would have done perhaps some damage to others if he tried to take it out.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Bathrooms Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here